anyone know of a soul bender vero layout?

Started by ode2no1, May 26, 2009, 12:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ode2no1

i really miss the tone of that thing and want to build one up but can't find a vero layout for it anywhere, let alone an mk3 layout that i would be able to change a bit. anyone know of one? i'm actually surprised that out of all the fuzz layouts floating around this isn't one of them. i remember my soul bender sounding pretty amazing.

Der Groovemeister

Search the web for the Torchy layouts. He has a vero layout for the 3 knob Tonebender. That's the mark III, right? You don't mean the reisue?
"What do you mean, dynamics? I'm already playing as loud as i can!"

ode2no1

yeah it's the 3 knob tone bender that i'm looking for. after searching for torchy layouts i did come across an mk2, but still no mk3. does anybody happen to have it?

Der Groovemeister

ode2no1

pm sent, though not sure if you got it or have even been on in a few days...so in the meantime if anybody else happens to know of an existing layout i'd appreciate it.

jrod

I could be wrong, but I believe the Tone Bender (3-knob Boutique) from General Guitar Gadgets is a Soul Bender clone.

slacker

Point me to a schematic for the Soulbender and I'll be happy to do a vero layout :)

Barcode80

The schematic for the 3 knob tonebender is on the GGG site. For the soul bender, use the layout called "boutique."

Der Groovemeister

To ode2no1,
I emailed you a vero layout and a schem about 4 days ago.

slacker

Quote from: Barcode80 on June 09, 2009, 12:16:03 PM
The schematic for the 3 knob tonebender is on the GGG site. For the soul bender, use the layout called "boutique."

Thanks

Here's a rough version, the component numbering follows the GGG schematic. Completely unverified obviously, if you spot any mistakes let me know.

I'll tidy it up later :)

jrod

ode2no1

haha yeah i can;t believe you whipped that up like no big deal. i need to work on translating schematics to vero layouts. it seems so confusing and time consuming...very intimidating.

Scruffie

It's not as hard as you think start off simple and you'll get there ( I did and im crapola lol) i'm sure people here will be willing to check it over for you (The only issue I still have is how schematics are drawn, I get confused with different styles, but thats just me most likely )

slacker

Quote from: ode2no1 on June 10, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
haha yeah i can;t believe you whipped that up like no big deal.

I like doing them, to me they're sort of like doing a crossword or sudoku, a bit of a puzzle to give your brain a work out.
They can be tough to start with but once you've done a few and start to understand schematics a bit more it gets easier.

ode2no1

well thanks so much for doing that. were you still planning on tidying it up at all or is it good to go? i need to order some transistors from small bear and get on this.

slacker

By tidying it up I just meant adding component values and a title, stuff like that. The layout its self should be good to go.

ode2no1

slacker i just want to thank you again. i finished building this a few minutes ago and while i haven't played it loud thru my actual setup it totally works and sounds as soul bender-ish as it's going to sound thru my champ 12 with my attenuator set to nearly full attenuation (haha...yeah, i'm in my apartment at the moment). i can't wait to head to my rehearsal space tomorrow and blast it thru my drri and bassman 50. i'm so excited. there is one correction i have to let anyone else wanting to build this know about though. tone 2 actually connects to volume 3, not volume 1. also space can be a little tight around the transistors depending on the size of them. i got mullard oc76's so they're skinny and tall rather than short and wide so it wasnt too big of a deal, though because i used stand offs to keep the board in place this time i did have to bend them way over to clear the bottom of the enclosure. anyway thank you so much slacker!especially for whipping it up so quickly.

Renegadrian

Quote from: slacker on June 11, 2009, 12:52:27 PM
Quote from: ode2no1 on June 10, 2009, 08:10:08 PM
haha yeah i can;t believe you whipped that up like no big deal.

I like doing them, to me they're sort of like doing a crossword or sudoku, a bit of a puzzle to give your brain a work out.
They can be tough to start with but once you've done a few and start to understand schematics a bit more it gets easier.

Same here!  :icon_wink: I love laying on vero!
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!