Searching for EH Small Stone EH4800 version 4 schematic

Started by kupervaser, May 27, 2009, 05:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kupervaser

Hello, I am searching for EH Small Stone EH4800 version 4 schematic.

Does anyone have it? It is the one with 6 ic's in it.

Thanx in advance,

StephenGiles

I'm mystified, are you sure there are 6 ICs? The CA3094 version has 5 and the LM13600 version has but 3 - unless I can't count!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

kupervaser

Actually I am not very sure anymore.

Good chance it has 5 of the CA3094. I know for sure they are CA3094.

I am not near the pedal right no, however, if we look at this picture I found on the net,

i cannot remember Q3 and the other transistor near it being on my board. And Q5 and Q2 are very near each other compared to this picture. Maybe it is just different layout but the same schematic?

nelson

I seem to remember a good write up over at general guitar gadgets on the evolution of the Small Stone - including schematics.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

kupervaser

kupervaser

I have trouble finding it! Do you perhaps have a link?

nelson

The site has changed quite a bit since I read it.

A google search string of "Small Stone Schematic" returned this on the first page of results.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=51&Itemid=90
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

kupervaser

Yes i´ve seen this schematic. Unfortunately it doesn´t apply to my, well i mean maybe some minor differences. I thought maybe someone here had a schematic.

nelson

Quote from: kupervaser on May 27, 2009, 10:37:54 AM
Yes i´ve seen this schematic. Unfortunately it doesn´t apply to my, well i mean maybe some minor differences. I thought maybe someone here had a schematic.

The differences between the versions are listed at the bottom of that page......
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Lurco

kupervaser

I think they are single yes. My board looks almost exaclty like this one:

It's a shame I am not at home now. Tomorrow I will make a picture of mine and post it here. Afterwards I will compare it with the schematics.

Finally i maybe just trace the schematic myself.

ArmOnFire

I am trying to salvage a small stone, R1 is toast, the red wire from the 9v source is tied to one end, and there is a yellow wire with no connections.
R1 I believe is a 10K, so my question is where does the other yellow wire go?
Can someone snap a pic of the "guts" and post it, as a pic is worth a thousand words.
-Dan

Mark Hammer

There is a 6-chip version, which is actually an earlier version than the 5-chip most people are familiar with.  It uses two 3094 OTAs in pretty much exactly the same fashion that the Ross/Ropez phaser does, plus 4 more for the phase-shift stages.  I'll link you to the schematic I have posted on my photobucket account later this evening or this weekend.  I'm not allowed to view photobucket from work.

kupervaser

Mark Hammer

Well, there's no way in hell THAT one is the same layout as the one I'm thinking of. :icon_lol:

Mark Hammer

Ah.  The 6-chip one I was thinking of, and have board layout and schem for, is shown there as version #1.

ArmOnFire

Quote from: kupervaser on July 24, 2009, 12:49:50 PM

I have the v4, and does anyone know if the board picture here, has been modified? Mine does not have the extra resistor, and it only has a DPDT switch.
Can someone take a pic of theirs, especially the output jack wiring connections.
This might solve my other thread question.
Thanks,
Dan