Tone control...

Started by MarkR2955, June 02, 2009, 11:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkR2955

Simple I'm sure, but I'm new - I recently built a fizz kit from Moody Sounds and love it, but would like to add a tone control. My guess is it can be added somewhere between the fuzz pot, volume pot, and output jack. But like I said, I'm new...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

BAARON

You could try adding a Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control just before the volume pot.

http://www.muzique.com/lab/swtc.htm
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

kupervaser

I've tried this tone stack in the fuzz factory. I put it just in front of the volume.
It works very good, however I have a lot more gate now. Even when the gate is on 0 the sound breaks up if you hold the note. This is something I have to get fixed, but I have no ide how.

I used the tonestack which is at the bottom of the page with the following values: R1=10k, R2=47k, and C1=0.022uF.

Maybe different values can fix this problem?

If anyone has an idea, let me know.

petemoore

Duncans Tonestack Calculator [little download] is the priceless tonestack observation tool.
  Diddle the knobs on your BMP, Marshall, Fender, Vox, Bandaxall, and Bench [think I missed one] tonestack and see how the passive losses attenuate frequencies as this interactive graphic visual shows the response/gain/frequency chart line moving.
  Notice that the line, say on a Vox TC, tends to be lower in output gain [because of much passive losses] than some others, and how the Freq. response line can be twisted in different ways by the various TStacks.
  Active gain recovery may be needed if passive losses steal too much signal, the impedance driving the TC matters
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

MarkR2955

That seems like it will help - thanks guys.
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.