crybaby 535q new version SMD board, worth to mod???(PICS)

Started by ocg, June 03, 2009, 11:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocg

hey i have some questions about the crybaby 535

is the new version worst or better than the old one?

OLD ONE (two leds, one for on /off and the other for boost, also i think it was non smd)

NEW ONE(no leds, but the box said it has fasel inductor)

the new 535 had smd circuit (thats a fasel inductor???)

Ok, so the first thing that annoys me is the SMD components in the new 535(make that thing was obviusly cheaper than a regular board)...anyway, do you think i can take off the inductor and the transistors or any useful part to make a new wah?(some dude is selling me the new 535 for 100$)
Another thing that I am thinking is just to put the leds like the old one.....
...mojo is in your hands....

MikeH

It's up to you, but I don't think there's anything in there worth salvaging aside of the jacks and switches (minus the stomp switch, they are crap and notorious for failing), and of course the enclosure.  Maybe the inductor and the pot, but I don't think they're anything special.

So, you have an old one (That works?) but you're going to buy a newer one, and you're think of gutting the old one and making a new wah, right?

If so, I don't think it's really worth gutting it; I'd just sell it.  Just my opinion.  Use the money to buy parts and build something from scratch.
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

jacobyjd

+1 on selling/building from another pedal

If it's the holes in the enclosure you want, they're easy to drill, and you can score a CHEAP standard crybaby from ebay if you need the shell.
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net