TUTORIAL: Marble Metallic Finishes !

Started by Dragonfly, June 06, 2009, 04:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

JUST ADDED TO MY GALLERY

This is a finish that is super easy to do but gives fantastic results. It makes for a beautiful box that sparkles with tremendous depth. try different color combinations and enjoy !

And one in Emerald Green Metallic and Black......

JKowalski

I wouldn't exactly call that a "marble" - but that is a really neat effect. Thanks for sharing!

kurtlives

Nice work Andy.

Best of luck to you and what ever your pursuing now a days. Keep rockin those teles...
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

punkin

Ernie Ball Music Man - JPM, THD Univalve, Grace Big Daddy, PepperShredder, BSIAB2, FireFly Amplifier.

Dragonfly

Quote from: JKowalski on June 06, 2009, 05:40:24 PM
I wouldn't exactly call that a "marble" - but that is a really neat effect. Thanks for sharing!

Try different colors and you'll see how much of a "marble effect" you can get !   ;)

bassmannate

Very cool looking. I might do this on my next enclosure!

robmdall

Very Nice! Thanks for documenting the process.

Hupla

Nice! It's an easy way of getting a nice finish :)
Completed builds: BSIAB2
Pedals to build: Dr.Boogey, TS-808

mnordbye

I must try one of your painting methods one time, Andy. Very nice job!

A question though, does the top paint need to be some sort of acrylic paint which you have to dissolve with water, or can any spraycan paint do the job?
General tone addict
Deaf Audio at Facebook

rousejeremy

Beautiful. I was wondering how you did that Emerald Green box in the pictures section.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

bassmannate

Quote from: mnordbye on June 07, 2009, 01:27:31 PM
I must try one of your painting methods one time, Andy. Very nice job!

A question though, does the top paint need to be some sort of acrylic paint which you have to dissolve with water, or can any spraycan paint do the job?

I was sorta wondering the same thing. I want to use a lacquer clear coat for durability but I'm not sure of the compatibility of clear lacquer and acrylic.