Here's a Shocktave Vero Layout

Started by Derringer, June 07, 2009, 12:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derringer

I built this a little while ago with no issues so it is verified.

With a little persuasion, I was able to fit it into one of the small PedalPartsPlus 1290NS enclosures (like a Hammond 1590B)

Just take note of the bypass cap on the 2KB gain pot.
I wired it directly to the pot (+ goes to lug 2 and - goes to lug 1 which goes to GND).
also, leave the leads long enough, and insulate them, on the 0.47 cap C3 so that you can bend it over top other components

rousejeremy

I just built this using your layout. Pretty cool unit, gets kinda glitch computer sounds at certain settings too.
Thanks for the vero!
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Derringer

yeah, it definitely has a "dirty charm" to it ... sounding kind of atari-esque sometimes

one of my favorite things to do with it is set it right before my crybaby and then into a distortion/fuzz
it gets surprisingly close to Cliff Burton's Anesthesia tone

awesome man ... I'm glad to hear that someone got some mileage out of my layout

Thank you for following up with your post

mantella

this has probably been asked a million times here, but where are you getting your Vero board?
Damned rat shack stopped carrying it a while back.

I wanna make a Shocktave/Bobtavia layout on one board.

Any suggestions welcome if that sounds interesting to anyone else, btw.

doitle

Yeah I haven't found any anywhere either except online. Maybe someone will do a perfboard layout for those of us stuck with only Radio Shacks to buy parts from. I'd like to do it myself but I've been messing with DIY Layout Creator and I can't make sense of anything with it. I wonder if I could make perfboard layouts with Eagle Cad by telling it holes could only go on a strict grid like perfboard...

Derringer

I got my Vero right here through Aron's store!

http://www.diystompboxes.com/zencart/

I don't know if he has any in stock at the moment.

Otherwise, Futurlec carries them
http://www.futurlec.com/ProtoBoards.shtml
Just be prepared to wait 2 - 4 weeks (or more) for your order to arrive. They're stock is in Thailand I believe.