tonepad ropez and chorus build planning

Started by skumberg, June 11, 2009, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skumberg

Hello,

I've been planning to build a tonepad chorus, ross phaser and ross univibe, it seems i never can get started since m hammer has so many ideas for the phaser  ;) . My brain starts to hurt when I think of all the switches and pots possible for a two board two LFO ross phaser. So I'll do the chorus and ross vibe and single board phaser first, then perhaps start thinking of an "ultimate" TWO LFO ropez phaser later...

Some questions for these builds.

How do I do stereo outputs on the phaser/vibe and chorus similar to the frankenstone? I've tried a search but couldn't find anything so maybe it's too simple. I want to use the vibrato switch to route the clean signal to a second output for stereo. I need an output cap and ground resistor, but do I have to copy the output IC arrangement for the second output?

Nicklas

skumberg

A bump.

Does anybody know how to do the stereo mod on chorus and ropez?

Just like on the frankenstone. One dry and one wet output.
Does the tapped dry output need an extra op amp or is an output cap and ground resistor enough?

slacker

Quote from: skumberg on June 18, 2009, 03:41:27 PM
Does the tapped dry output need an extra op amp or is an output cap and ground resistor enough?

On the Ropez you can just add the vibrato switch to kill the dry sound from the main output. Then just tap the dry signal from pin 1 of IC1a through an output cap and resistor to ground.

On the smallclone you can tap the dry signal from point A on the schematic, though an output cap and resistor to ground or a volume pot. Add a switch that breaks the signal path by taking the 22k resistor to the right of point A out of the circuit. That kills the dry signal from the main output. You might need to do a bit more than that to keep the 2 volume levels the same though.
There's probably a better way to do it.

skumberg

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm actually building the ce-2 but I have ordered the small clone stereo add on board as well. So perhaps a dpdt switch could be used for the chorus to cut the dry signal to one jack and the wet to the other jack. So either I have two stereo or one wet and one dry. I will try this for sure.