The Plutonium Fuzz

Started by burnt fingers, June 17, 2009, 01:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burnt fingers

Hey guys. I put up a post with a schematic, layout, and demo of my Plutonium Fuzz. The schematic has been in the layouts gallery for a few years but I thought I'd do a full post to to get it out there.

Check it out.

http://www.rockguitarlife.com/2009/06/plutonium-fuzz.html

Enjoy.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

Curly

not sure what it is, but that link gave my home PC fits, and didn't open properly on my work computer either
"music heals"

nosamiam

burnt fingers

Link works fine as far as I can see.

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

doitle

What does that VR adjust?

thereverend

Quote from: Curly on June 17, 2009, 04:02:53 PM
not sure what it is, but that link gave my home PC fits, and didn't open properly on my work computer either

thats because the site is also trying to run scripts from:
youtube, soundclick, google, blogger, amazon, addtoany (never heard of it), google syndication, feedburner, rockguitarlife, and about:blank which i assume is a popup window.
it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

BAARON

Quote from: doitle on June 18, 2009, 11:52:23 PM

The one on the input will smooth the fuzz out and lower the gain as the resistance is increased.  Handy control.
The one on the collector of Q2 sets the bias for that transistor.  Should be a trimpot, IMO.
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

burnt fingers

Quote from: doitle on June 18, 2009, 11:52:23 PM
That is a trim pot to bias q2. 

You can make it a regular pot and put it on the outside.  I've done that on other fuzzes. 

scott

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music