Trem Face tonepad circuit board

Started by Toddy, June 20, 2009, 02:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toddy

I was wondering if anyone has purchased and built a Trem Face circuit board from guitargadgets.com. It is based on R.G's tonepad. I have built a Trem Face using the pattern from geofx but no matter how much I debug or go over the circuit, it just doesn't work! I built the one without the millenium bypass. I would like to get someone else's opinion before I fork out the $15.00 plus shipping. Or is there still something wrong or incomplete about the circuit?

Has someone else even tried to build a Trem Face clone besides me? ...and get it to work?

Thanks,
Toddy

RickL

I built both versions shortly after RG published the information and both worked. It is just slightly possible that I used my own layout but I seriously doubt it. It's been long enough since I built them that I don't remember anything specific about the sound or any debugging (if any) I had to do. They now reside in one of 20 or so plastic milk cartons filled with pedals so don't ask me for voltages.

The long odds are that if you used RG's layout  and it didn't work you did something wrong so check it over again. Every single connection, every single part value, orientation of the electrolytic caps and the transistor, correct adjustment of the trimmer...