Small stone low pass filter

Started by Bernardduur, June 22, 2009, 11:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernardduur

Hey all!

I just finished modding my Black Russian Small Stone with some nice mods. One of em was the low pass filter mod as suggested by Mark Hammer. I wired my Stone up like described with a SPDT switch (w/ mid position) but I hear no difference at all between breaking the connection (middle setting) and grounding the cap...........

Any ideas? I checked my work and all seems fine / as descibed. I added a univibe switch as one of the mods; from this switch the caps reach 4 individual SPDT's. I grounded the caps at the point they enter the transistor stage of the OTA (pin 1) by breaking the connection between the cap and pin 1 and grounding the cap, not pin 1. The caps are all attached to pin 6 (so when grounded it'll be a cap from pin 6 to ground).

Hope you can help me!
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

Mark Hammer

Sounds to me like there may be too many switches in there.

the key question to ask at this point, however, is whether the lowpass position sounds different than the allpass position.

Bernardduur

Haha, too much switches indeed....... all the other switches make a great sound btw!

The Low pass effect does not sound different from the lifted setting (no connection between the cap and pin 1).

(Where I got my inspiration from)
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account