Could the EA Tremolo be modded to reverse the waveform?

Started by skiraly017, June 23, 2009, 06:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiraly017

I'm not sure I'm even phrasing the question right. I'm listening to "Tied Up And Swallowed" by The Black Crowes and the intro riff sounds like a tremolo doing its thing backwards so I was wondering if the EA Tremolo (or any tremolo) could be modded to wave/sweep/trem in reverse? Thanks.
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

brett

Hi
the EA trem has a sine wave oscillator.  Backwards, that also a sine wave, so it would sound the same.  Some trems use sawtooth (slow rise, fast fall) and similar oscillators.  These would sound different if reversed (ie swatooth "reversed" = fast rise, slow fall).
Is that what you mean?
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

skiraly017

"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

oldrocker

R.G.

R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Paul Marossy

I don't know if this is possible, but maybe varying the pulse width of the LFO might be kind of interesting. Then you would in theory have alternating rises and falls.

Mark Hammer

I stuck a cap to ground just before the depth pot on mine.  It yields a different feel, particulatrly for faster speeds.  I'm wondering, would it make sense to stick a diode inseries with the cap to produce such filtering in only one direction of the sweep, or is the LFO something that does not go above and below a reference voltage? (i.e., there IS no "other direction").

Paul Marossy

Quote from: Mark Hammer on June 24, 2009, 12:15:56 PM
I stuck a cap to ground just before the depth pot on mine.  It yields a different feel, particulatrly for faster speeds.  I'm wondering, would it make sense to stick a diode inseries with the cap to produce such filtering in only one direction of the sweep, or is the LFO something that does not go above and below a reference voltage? (i.e., there IS no "other direction").

If that worked, I would think that it could be something like a "stuttering" pedal.

JKowalski

Quote from: Mark Hammer on June 24, 2009, 12:15:56 PM

Every waveform goes above and below a DC value in between it's peaks... For example, a sine wave going from 3V to 7V would have it's "reference voltage" as 5v - it's basically just the same as your ground, except this "ground" is not the same as the earth "ground".