Superfuzz questions

Started by drewl, June 23, 2009, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewl

So I was putting one of these beasts together with the Univox schematic, do you guys have the 10k bias pot on the top or inside?
Is it a " set and forget" or ya think it'd be better vaiable?
Anyone make the mode switch footswitchable?
That is all....thanks.

Derringer

I have mine on top ... it could just as well be inside

it's not a real dramatic adjustment ... just a tweaker

JasonG

"do you guys have the 10k bias pot on the top or inside"
Which ever way will make mounting the board easiest , I mount mine on top. I have built 4 so far. It's meant to be set and forget  when it's tuned in you get a lot less hiss.
I have thought of making the tone switch foot switchable but I don't use the mid scoop setting at all so while it would be a worthwhile mod for some I don't need it.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

drewl

Cool thanks.
When I said "on top" I meant on the outside of the case, but it doean't sound like it needs to be tweaked very often.
maybe a screwdriver hole for tweaking!

JasonG

drewl
If you get a multi turn trim pot you should never have to touch it again. I used a 20 turn pot on one of mine. The way I mount mine you can get at the trim pot when you take the bottom off.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

biggy boy

I have a small hole in the top of mine incase I want to adjust my fuzz.
It's at the top left in the picture.