Boss Chorus - fixing unwanted boost

Started by RandomGlitch, February 15, 2012, 09:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomGlitch

I've got this Boss Chorus (CE-2) which I like the sound of, but it REALLY annoys me by boosting the level when I engage it.

Apparently some players like this feature, but I don't.  I have the schematics in front of me -

http://www.hobby-hour.com/electronics/s/boss-ce2-chorus-schematic.php

can anyone tell me if it is possible to adjust the overall level when the effect is engaged?

The only thing I could think of was reboxing it, making it true-bypass and adding a voltage divider across the output.  But that seems more than a little to much work just to fix a minor, but annoying problem with an otherwise great pedal.

Thanks in advance!!

Fender3D

By changing R22 you'll affect the wet mix level.
By changing R21 you'll affect the dry mix level.
By changing R6 you'll affect the signal going to BBD.
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge

oldschoolanalog

Post deleted for useless content.
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

petemoore

replace the 100k of R26 with a 100k potwafer, adjust to taste [wiper to output].
   Since a pot won't fit in there, measure the resistance between the new pots lugs 1 and 2...replace this side with a fixed resistor of same or near same value.
   Repeat for the other side of the pot...you've built a fixed voltage divider [two resistors mimic the desired pot setting] based on the values you found by using a variable voltage divider [the 100k pot] to find the 2 resistors values for a divider which make the output level unity or whatever.
   Using a 100k pot to replace the 100k resistor [so the output loading remains the same]. Then using two resistors for the divider that add up to about 100k or so.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.