The birth of the Hide and Seek Wha

Started by solderman, June 25, 2009, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

solderman

Quote from: aziltz on June 25, 2009, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: solderman on June 25, 2009, 03:44:30 PM

Look, some progress made. Both the IC:s and the (trim) pots are there. Now it begins to look like something.

can you tell me about these knobs that you've attached to the Trimpots?

Hi
The manufacturer is PIHEA
Here is a link to a document describing there PT-6 series  https://www1.elfa.se/data1/wwwroot/webroot/Z_DATA/06441406.pdf

They have actually a connector to build a DUAL GANG pot from two pots so my next build in to a 1590 might be a Neo vibe  ;D
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

Valoosj

Good luck with that neovibe, I'm trying to get in a Zvex enclosure, and that's going to be tight!
Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

aziltz

solderman

www.soldersound.com

$uperpuma

Breadboards are as invaluable as underwear - and also need changed... -R.G.

gigimarga

Fabulous work solderman!

Can you post the ready-for-transfer PCB?

solderman

HI again

OK time for the final step, compiling the parts. As always this is something that will test ones patience and normally cause frustration. This one was no exception. I had already pot the LFO and the audio circuit together outside the box to test and the little bugger worked like a clock. But when I fired up the thing after have crammed the dam things in the box, not a life. OK frustration BIG TIME. Have I fried the CMOS by shorting some thing or what' up??. Since the LFO part was stone dead, probing was out of the question. Well then, it's DMM time. OK dismount the whol thing out of the box ang go to work. After measuring here and there and every where.....7,2V at the GDN rail at the TL072. Looks Suspicious. Turned out that when I had trimmed down the leads to fit inside the box after testing outside the box the GDN to the LFO circuit was a sloppy solder job. Looked good but was not. Fixt and working. OK lost two hours of job but did not need to change any 16 pin-soldered to the PCB-IC. Good thig. OK back in to the box again and testing every step now. Finally OK it works. Jippey

But now its to late for recording any sound samples. The kids are sleeping and I sure don't wane wake them. I'll be back with sound samples tomorrow. Until then you here is some pics of the final result. I'm quite satisfied and a bit proud over this one I have to admit. And also thank's Mr Vex or who ever came up with the original idée

Also here is the DIY layout creator files to print PCB:s from if anybody wants to.
The original ones are verified to work now. I have also created a second LFO part where I have rearranged the CMOS so that ther is less need for cable jumpers to hassle with.

http://solderman.fatabur.se/Hide%20and%20Seek%20Wha/Seekwah part 1 LFO.diy
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Hide%20and%20Seek%20Wha/Seekwah part 1 LFO ver2.diy
http://solderman.fatabur.se/Hide%20and%20Seek%20Wha/Seekwah part 2 Audio.diy

www.soldersound.com

gigimarga

Fuzz Aldryn

Simply awesome dude!
But what I would like to know is the exact specification number of these shafts? Is it "ca9ma5" or the "ca9ma6"?
Tusend tack!

Regards
Helge

Edit: Just reconized that my mentioned part numbers are of a different manufacture.

solderman

Quote from: Fuzz Aldryn on June 28, 2009, 08:11:14 AM
Simply awesome dude!
But what I would like to know is the exact specification number of these shafts? Is it "ca9ma5" or the "ca9ma6"?
Tusend tack!

Regards
Helge

Edit: Just reconized that my mentioned part numbers are of a different manufacture.

They seem to have the Nr 6132, See the PDF.

www.soldersound.com

solderman

OK
Time for the final step in this sequel, the sound sample or rather movie as it become a movie sample

Its recorded with my 5 year old digital camera so the sound (and the playing but that can't be blamed on the camera) is kind of sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLFVKE5VjKw

www.soldersound.com

Valoosj

Quote from: frequencycentral
You squeezed it into a 1590A - you insane fool!  :icon_mrgreen:
Quote from: Scruffie
Well this... this is just silly... this can't fit in a 1590B... can it? And you're not even using SMD you mad man!

Heemis

:icon_eek:  Incredible!  I am in awe...  Amazing job!

royzic

one of the most beautiful projects I've seen lately
amazing work!

solderman

Hi All and thank's again for all kind words.
I have already started to thing about the next "Hide'n seek". project (think I'm gonna do a FX seek serie  :icon_lol:) It's gone be a tremolo AND a wha. I'll use the audio part from the "Tremolos Lune" with its own LED/LDR combo controlling the amplitude. I'll invoke a hand controlled 3DPDT switch that switches the OUT from the sequencer to ether the TREM or Wha LED/LDR combo and at the same time switches IN and OUT between the two circuits. I think its enough room in there to pull it off. But I'ts only on the paper stage yet. It will have to wait until august.

www.soldersound.com

edd101

...it is always funny until someone gets hurt!!!

therecordingart

Can you provide the PCB layout for us?

~arph

It is on this page..

gigimarga

What about a "Ooh Wah"?

Anyway, my Tremulus Lune has 12 pots and 3 switches because it's full options built   ;)
So another 10 little pots seems to be all that's missing from it  :icon_rolleyes: