The birth of the Hide and Seek Wha

Started by solderman, June 25, 2009, 03:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrc4558

Miniaturization at it's best! Man, you kick some serious a$$. That is truly awesome!

andrew_k

aziltz

how is the board with the trimpots held in place?

also, mouser stocks those trimpots but I can't find a source for the shafts.  What source did you use?

THANKS!

solderman

Quote from: aziltz on September 01, 2009, 12:01:40 AM
how is the board with the trimpots held in place?

also, mouser stocks those trimpots but I can't find a source for the shafts.  What source did you use?

THANKS!

Hi
The board is fastened to the inside of the box and the top of the IC:s with double sided tape.
Here you can find is the shafts.
https://www1.elfa.se/elfa~ex_en/b2b/start.do
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

darron

Quote from: solderman on June 26, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
My first attempt to do a "burst" and I think it came out quite OK

so that's what a bust box is! we were getting confused for a little while there...

;)

awesome job... it's already been said, but you are crazy in the best way.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

newone86

Hi! Solderman!!!
Your hide & seek is fantastic!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Can you upload again the pcb of the part 1 LFO ver2 in .jpg or .pdf (...maybe better...), please???
Because when i try to open the .diy files appear a lot of numbers ad words that doesn't make sense!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
thanks

solderman

Hi
Well.....
You need to install and load it in to the "DIY layout creator" application to make any use of it. You will links to the application in the top thread of this forum.

www.soldersound.com

newone86

Quote from: solderman on December 12, 2009, 05:01:14 AM
Hi
Well.....
You need to install and load it in to the "DIY layout creator" application to make any use of it. You will links to the application in the top thread of this forum.

Thanks!!!! Finally I can open this kind of file!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
But now I have some questions:
-in the layoun of the Seekwah part 1 LFO ver2 the IC1 have two lugs disconnect...it's normal???
-I don't understand how I can connect the part 1 to the part 2... :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
-I think that the red strip is for +9v ( one for part 1 and one for part 2...right?) but I don't understand the function of the green stripp (maybe for connect the two parts...i hope...)
Sorry for all of these questions but I'm new in the art of diy :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_redface:
and sorry for my bad english :icon_rolleyes:
Thanks again

P.S. It's possible to control the speed by a TAP TEMPO like cusack music?
http://www.cusackmusic.com/?page=showFiles&type=Products&item=Tap%20Tempo
I think it would be convenient control the seekwha with an external control pugged to an appropriate jack that bypass the speed pot...
Tell me what you think about!

solderman

But now I have some questions:
-in the layoun of the Seekwah part 1 LFO ver2 the IC1 have two lugs disconnect...it's normal???
Lug 11&12 is NC (not connected) you have to read the schematics to understand

-I don't understand how I can connect the part 1 to the part 2...
From the pad at LED D11 on the LFO to the pad between C1 and C2 on the audio part both circuits must have a common ground.

-I think that the red strip is for +9v Correct ( one for part 1 and one for part 2...right?) but I don't understand the function of the green stripp (maybe for connect the two parts...i hope...)
It's the GND (ground or – or 0V)

Sorry for all of these questions but I'm new in the art of diy
and sorry for my bad english 
Thanks again
No problem. To help and spread knowledge is the whole idée of this forum

P.S. It's possible to control the speed by a TAP TEMPO like cusack music?
Yes but that won't work as is. You need to search the forum and you will find the awnser. Burt it will not fit in a 1590A

I think it would be convenient control the seekwha with an external control pugged to an appropriate jack that bypass the speed pot...
Tell me what you think about!

Yes good idée. move the speed pot to a Wha Wha cradle enclosure 

www.soldersound.com

glops

Awesome pictorial, solderman!  I am just about to finish my third pedal and it has taken me forever.  What I thought was going to be a simple
clean build turned out really messy and was hard to fit in my box.  At least it works!  It was nice to see your organized steps in pictures and is
inspiring, Thanks!