News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Russian NOS

Started by nokaster, June 30, 2009, 04:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nokaster

I want to share a good experience I had looking for them old Russian transistors:

http://www.evita.lt/en/

An electronics shop in Vilnius has a lot of Russian NOS types and a lot of other electronics.
At first it took them a few days to reply to my initial email, but once communication was set, it took a week to make a deal and get the transistors to Belgium.
They arrived this morning, so I have to check them out and test them in the coming days or weeks...

A good shop I think for this kind of stuff.
I've got 35 transistors, so I wanted to share so you guys can get some as well!

brett

Hi
from a quick glance at a half dozen spec sheets, these looked good:
КТ3107B, KT312B, maybe the KT321E. and at least a dozen others. 

For Q1 in a Fuzzface I'd try a KT337B (tight hFE rating for a GE transistor - from 70 to 120).

KT646B looks really interesting.  A mid power device with good hFE, and only costs 0.06 euros.  What the hell?  Is it really Ge?  With 2 of these you could build a high-power version of the  Deacy amp.
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

nokaster

indeed...
prices are really good!
hope they don't make them more expensive now that we have found them...

and they are real GE!

DDD

Hi guys,
Russian trannies marked with KT are NOT Ge ones, they are made of silicon (KT means "kremnieviy transistor", as "kremnieviy" is translated as "silicon").
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

nokaster

of course not all are GE...
you have to look for GT's
and they are sometimes as cheap as 0.06 euro

.Mike

Has anyone from the US ordered any of these and, if so, how much was shipping?

I can't find any information on their site.

Thanks,

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Toney

Well, I looked into it.
They seem to be getting Paypal a bit later down the track, as it stands now you have to wire transfer the money to them or get an international money order which kind of negates the value.

sean k

Just go down to the local airport and buy some of their currency then send it wrapped in carbon paper... always worked for me with US funds.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

nokaster

i payed with paypall, so that's not an issue...

shipping to belgium for 35 transistors was 6 euro, but it was secured.
i mailed them to ask how much shipping would be.

Toney

Really? What to a private account or something?
I asked them specifically about that and they told me they would add it to their site "later"

nokaster

after discussing shipping and which transistors i'd want, they sent me a request to pay with paypall.
i payed and about a week later i got my order.

doitle

GT108A

I'm not too sure what that transistor might be used for but getting 100 of them for 8$ seems outrageous. I've gotta sign up for paypal it seems!

Toney

http://www.evita.lt/getPdf.php?id=8646

Well HFE is shown as 20-50. Is that what you wanted?
The GT311, 313 etc have been used to good effect. In effects....

doitle

Wow this place is the coolest. There are so many exotic and interesting parts on here. Have you all looked at the Tube section yet? There are so many crazy looking russian tubes a heck of a lot of which for under a dollar. If I do end up placing an order here I'm gonna bankrupt myself! :P

I see so many mini 9-pins that could be tested in my valvecaster or be used to build amps...

It seems like there are some things on here that are just outrageously expensive probably because they are hard to get over there but for the most part this place seems incredibly cheap to me! I wonder if the shipping is super high to make up for that... :(

nokaster

i have pointed the shop owner to this thread i started and he promised he would register here and answer all your questions...

hope that helps!

at 0.38 eurocents / NOS russian GE transistor i'm happy so far.
still have to test the transitors in my DMM and effects though...

i chose this shop over ebay because a shop is well... a shop...
an entity instead of an "ebay username"

turned out great so far!

i am not at all associated and get nothing in return for this thread, just wanted to share with you all!

doitle

Any word from the owner about posting here? He replied to my email and told me the shipping rate. Seems a tiny bit high but I think it's understandable as it's coming a heck of a long way to the US!

There are so many cool russian tubes on there, I think I'm gonna place a big order of like 10-15 tubes and try some experiments with them. Probably also buy a boatload of GE transistors too. This store seems almost too good to be true.

Taylor

Might want to get a geiger counter if you're buying Russian NOS...

http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=58452.0

Half joking.