TO ALL THE DIY GURUS...

Started by Renegadrian, July 02, 2009, 06:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

Sometimes I see some posts on this board from people like RG, Brian (Indyguitarist), F. Pena, Dragonfly, Mark Hammer, the guys at ROG, the Z guy himself, and so on...

As I certainly used some of your layouts, for a commercial pedal clone or for an original design, and if I didn't I'll surely will sooner or later...
And for all your efforts for the community...

my biggest THANK YOU

Sorry, I just thought I had to do this...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

brett

+1
and Gus, Davisson, Alfonso, Marty...
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

rousejeremy

Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

Brymus

I actually went and got some new glasses because of all the RG Keen I have been reading.TRUE
I would say that after finding GEO I am starting to have a clue.
And FWIW there are about a dozen forums I read for info and RGs posts are always the ones that explain it the best.
I have noticed the same dozen or so guys all over the internet its a small world after all.
Also I have gotten alot of help from Gary Burchett (ROG) he is a really nice and helpful guy too.As well as a great guitarist.
The rest are equally important Gus Joe Dave Mark Aron ZP(at 18watt)Teemuk at SSguitar Cgil at Sewatt.
Everyone who contributes his knowledge is greatly  :icon_exclaim: appreciated by me and makes the internet a valuable asset to the DIY home builder.
Please forgive if I didnt metion everyone -I am thankful for all of you who share your knowledge freely .
I'm no EE or even a tech,just a monkey with a soldering iron that can read,and follow instructions. ;D
My now defunct band http://www.facebook.com/TheZedLeppelinExperience

Baktown

I totally agree with thanking those who came before us and showed us the light.  I still don't have much understanding of what I'm doing, but I'm trying.

In case anyone notices my new picture and wants to know why I have a 6 inch incision of the back of my build head, ask.  I'll be more than happy to tell the comunity here the whole story.  It involves alcohol and prescription drugs and why they shouldn't be mixed.

Rick J

mth5044

I agree with this thread.

Not only to the gurus, but to anyone whos helped anyone on this board.. that goes to you to Renegadrian.  :)

Renegadrian

:icon_redface:
Maybe sometimes my little knowledge comes helpful for someone else...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Auke Haarsma

+1

And ofcourse a big Thank you to Aron for making this forum possible.

And, a big thank you to anyone participating. This forum has quite a unique spirit.

newfish

+1

I never gig without a JFET Booster - made entirely using the knowledge provided by you good people.

Am most of the way through designing a Bass Fuzz for my - Bro. - again exclusively using DIY Stomp knowledge.

This is a great list.

Thanks folks.

:icon_smile:
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Baktown on July 02, 2009, 07:22:53 PM
I totally agree with thanking those who came before us and showed us the light.  I still don't have much understanding of what I'm doing, but I'm trying.

In case anyone notices my new picture and wants to know why I have a 6 inch incision of the back of my build head, ask.  I'll be more than happy to tell the comunity here the whole story.  It involves alcohol and prescription drugs and why they shouldn't be mixed.

Rick J
Without going into details, does it involve a third ingredient of:
a) a vehicle   YES__  NO__
b) a staircase, walkway or other uneven surface   YES__ NO__

Paul Marossy

Yes, thanks to all of the aforementioned people! I learned a lot from all of them.

cpnyc23

this is by far the classiest and most respectful message board on the internet that I've come across.   It is beyond reproach. Those mentioned above are the ones who set the tone.  Everyone else carries it forward - a true community.

thank you

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic."    -  Leonard Bernstein

MikeH

Quote from: Baktown on July 02, 2009, 07:22:53 PM

Rick J

My dad had crazy, paranoid, delusional sleep-walking episodes on ambien alone, let alone mixed with booze.  Yikes!
"Sounds like a Fab Metal to me." -DougH

liveloveshare

thanks for contributing and taking the time to explain what might be simpleton talk for you guys.

Lurco

not to forget the fabulous caretaking by The Tone God!

tranceracer

Yes, I agree and give a heartfelt Thank You to Aron and the "heavys" of the forum who freely share their ideas, designs and creations to inspire use mere mortals.

I also must say Thanks to the members who also share in this like the Bevis', Dano's, Frequency Centrals, Renegadrians, and all the other members who provide us with great designs, mods and helpful ideas!

frequencycentral

http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

rousejeremy

Doug Deeper! I think I've built everything he's posted.
Consistency is a worthy adversary

www.jeremyrouse.weebly.com

slacker

Quote from: frequencycentral on July 03, 2009, 02:30:06 PM
slacker!

What, what have I done now.....oh I see, nice to be mentioned up there with the greats of the forum, not sure it's deserved but I'll take it  :)

I think what makes this place nice is that almost everyone contributes something, you don't have to be an EE genius to have something positive to add.

frank_p

The experienced and the noobs: everybody is very kind here.  It's a great place.  Thanks to all.  Without anybody to ask questions there would be no answers.