TO ALL THE DIY GURUS...

Started by Renegadrian, July 02, 2009, 06:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trixdropd

I agree with all typed above me. I am in great debt to all the guru's around here, especially RG and Mark hammer. Thanks a million!!

dschwartz

Quote from: frank_p on July 03, 2009, 04:54:51 PM

The experienced and the noobs: everybody is very kind here.  It's a great place.  Thanks to all.  Without anybody to ask questions there would be no answers.

+1..this is such a nice forum. It really feels like we are a bunch of friends sharing knowledge and helping each other with the best of intentions..Sure there have been some fights, but hey, love is made of little fights also..

Thanks R.G, Tone god, Mark Hammer, slacker, Paul Marossy, Beavis, Aron, Auke and for every and each one that stopped one second and helped me.
I´m allways online on this forum..feels a lot like being near your friends...
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

Paul Marossy

QuoteThanks R.G, Tone god, Mark Hammer, slacker, Paul Marossy, Beavis, Aron, Auke and for every and each one that stopped one second and helped me.
I´m allways online on this forum..feels a lot like being near your friends...

Glad I could help in some way.  :icon_cool:

earthtonesaudio

+infinity billion.

Also...
Frequency Central!
Nelson!
Christian/Hemmo!
Jack Orman!
etc, etc, etc!

...and someone named "PK" who's first three posts helped me immensely a while ago... and they haven't posted since!

boy_noel

+10000000000000000000000!!!!

I owe my whole pedalboard to this forum!

to the masters and fellow noobs, THANKS AND A SUPER BIG THUMBS UP!!!! ;)

slacker

Without anybody to ask questions there would be no answers.

That's very Zen Frank, I might steal that for a signature :)

R.G.

For my part, thank you so much. I appreciate the consideration.

Let me play mirror for a minute. With very, very few exceptions, everyone here is the creme de la creme. Even, perhaps expecially, the very beginners who have no formal training, but dig in and start learning for the best possible reason - they want to. Over time the beginners become competent and knowledgeable if they keep after it. I'm happy for the membership here, as well as its being ably run. Whatever circumstances are filtering the people who come here, it's working well!
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Mark Hammer

You know what's nice about this place?  The list of people to thank just keeps getting longer and longer and longer.  Some have been here since the beginning, but a great many are only recently here.  I like that.  It's comforting as well to know that this forum operates on the pay-it-forward principle day in day out.  With very few exceptions, it's easy to help folks out because it's easy to feel like one will always be repaid several-fold down the line in some way or another.

You know what else is nice?  When people are more concerned about solving the problem that someone else is trying to solve, than about what someone else appears to be saying about them, it creates exquisite focus, and the sort of egolessness that brings out the best in folks. :icon_smile:

frank_p

Quote from: slacker on July 04, 2009, 11:17:18 AM
Without anybody to ask questions there would be no answers.

That's very Zen Frank, I might steal that for a signature :)

Well, if only I had a bit more wisdom, I would build more and talk less my friend.

kristoffereide

Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

The Tone God

Thanks everyone. While the members that answer questions certain should be appreciated the level at which the questioning members, even newbies, conduct themselves should be thanked as well for if they we less hospitable then the answering members would have less reason to stick around here and help others. So kudos to all members regardless of their level of knowledge.

Andrew

brett

I wonder if we could have a section somewhere with brief tributes (100 words?) to those who have contributed, but have now passed away? e.g. Fred Nachbaur of McTube fame would be one that deserves a "spot".
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

tranceracer

Quote from: slacker on July 03, 2009, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: frequencycentral on July 03, 2009, 02:30:06 PM
slacker!

What, what have I done now.....oh I see, nice to be mentioned up there with the greats of the forum, not sure it's deserved but I'll take it  :)

I think what makes this place nice is that almost everyone contributes something, you don't have to be an EE genius to have something positive to add.

LOL!  I thought that he was referring to me!   :D  Of which I'm guilty compared to the other members who have contributed 100x more than I have (thus far).

Quote from: Mark Hammer on July 04, 2009, 02:31:24 PM
You know what's nice about this place?  The list of people to thank just keeps getting longer and longer and longer.  Some have been here since the beginning, but a great many are only recently here.  I like that.  It's comforting as well to know that this forum operates on the pay-it-forward principle day in day out.  With very few exceptions, it's easy to help folks out because it's easy to feel like one will always be repaid several-fold down the line in some way or another.

You know what else is nice?  When people are more concerned about solving the problem that someone else is trying to solve, than about what someone else appears to be saying about them, it creates exquisite focus, and the sort of egolessness that brings out the best in folks. :icon_smile:

I fully agree!  The best is when newbies become contributing members!   

metzina

I'm a shameless lurker...  And, this thread, gives me the opportunity to be thankful to this board. This forum is awesome, and I have learned a lot from you, guys.
Thanks a lot!
  :)

arma61

(almost) tears in my eyes!!

thanks to everybody here I'm enjoying my stay in this world, heavy words  but quite not a joke! I was the guy that, after dinner, use to sit on the sofa watching TV and eating nails!!! now almost every evening I'm either working with my solder iron to a new FX or playing with my guitar, with the mobile PC beside me on this forum.

So really a BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG  thank to all of you.

Hey have you read the post about the Trem Face involving R.G. ?? one of the best thread I've read (hmm may be after the burst box!!)

Cheers m8
Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen