Need help with an idea! (Bass Swiss Army Knife, so to say)

Started by sevenisthenumber, July 08, 2009, 12:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenisthenumber

So....  A friend of mine want's a pedal for his bass that has tuner out (that mutes the signal), a good bass overdrive, a switch to run an effects loop, and a clean switch.
The reason for the clean switch is that he needs to be able to split his dry and effects loop signal into two separate outputs for the front of house. He would like to be able to at any moment to send only clean or only effects loop or both. Hope that's understandable.... :-)

Here is the layout Ive come up with and a wiring idea. Let me know if this wiring can be done a better way!  (I'm not worried about the led portion as iI understand that and will just use a 3pdt were needed. Thanks guys!

Ripthorn

Seems to me if you want to be able to hit a single switch to switch out the effects loop, what you have shown won't quite do it (what would be the point of that last switch anyway?).  What I would do is put the clean switch before the effects loop and have the clean switch set up so that when it is engaged, it cuts off the input to the effects loop and when it is off, it passes the signal to the effects loop.  Minor modification, but increases the functionality in my opinion.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

sevenisthenumber

Quote from: Ripthorn on July 08, 2009, 01:24:55 PM
Seems to me if you want to be able to hit a single switch to switch out the effects loop, what you have shown won't quite do it (what would be the point of that last switch anyway?).  What I would do is put the clean switch before the effects loop and have the clean switch set up so that when it is engaged, it cuts off the input to the effects loop and when it is off, it passes the signal to the effects loop.  Minor modification, but increases the functionality in my opinion.

hmmm.. the reason is that he can send dry + wet or just dry or just wet. Does that make sense?

Ripthorn

Okay, I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the clean switch, I thought it was just to cut off the effects loop.  The way it is now seems like it would be functional.
Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home