Started by served, July 11, 2009, 06:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

zeta55

So there was a layout allready done.

Anyway, here's another one:
http://www.zeta-sound.se/woody/WoodyDIY.rar
Please check for errors.
I'm gonna try it myself, but there's a few others I got to build first.

/Krister

Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

Mark Hammer

MarkR2955

There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

frank_p

Quote from: Doc on August 29, 2009, 10:03:14 AM
Here's my old layout and pcb:
This is very elegant.   With what software have you designed your layouts.
Beatiful presentation !

served

Wow thats awesome.
Now i can start acting. ill add phots after i finish.

served

Hi.

I have built one. But having trouble to get it working.
Ill add IC voltages to check if something is wrong.
Maybe some one would help me out.
And here is a datasheet for the IC-s http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/25382/STMICROELECTRONICS/TL074.html

So here we go.

IC1:
1 : 4,5
2:  4,5
3:  1
4:  9
5:  4,5
6:  4,5
7:  4,5
8: 4,5
9: 4,5
10:  4,4
11:  0
12:  4,3
13:  4,8
14:  4,5

IC2

1: 4,5
2: 4,3
3: 4,5
4: 9
5: 3,8
6: 4,5
7: 4,5
8: 4,5
9: 4,6
10: 4,5
11: 0
12: 1
13: 4,5
14: 4,5

DimebuGG

Quote from: served on September 21, 2009, 10:19:36 AM

Your components are fine. The layout and the redrawn schematic of zencafe do have some mistake. Take a look at IC2C, the junction of R23, R11, and R22 SHOULD BE at the inverting input(-) of the opamp not on its output.

That's what I'm eyeing so far, my eyes are tired at this moment... :icon_twisted:

served

Wow. Huge thanks to you. I would really want you to take a fresh look tomorrow if you can. If its ok by you.

served

Quote from: served on September 21, 2009, 02:55:14 PM
Wow. Huge thanks to you. I would really want you to take a fresh look tomorrow if you can. If its ok by you.

Actually i cant find a mistake? Could anybody also check zetas version?

EDIT: So basically did Zeta55 draw a faulty schematic and then made a wrong PCB out of it? If so, then i understand whats wrong. And i think i have to make a new PCB now.. damn.

Thomeeque

Quote from: served on September 21, 2009, 05:19:03 PM
And i think i have to make a new PCB now..

Because of that one small bug? :icon_eek: Fix it on actual PCB, it won't be anything huge, will it? :) T.
Do you have a technical question? Please don't send private messages, use the FORUM!

DimebuGG

1. Remove the 22K resistor labeled R24 in the previous silkscreen and install a JUMPER.
2. Relocate your R24 by drilling two holes just below IC2 (SEE ABOVE ILLUSTRATION!!!).
3. Cut a trace between points AB and CD as you can see in the illustration.
4. Finally, connect points C and B. (Don't ask me how.)

served

Hell yeah! I got it working. Now ill box it and ill take a Photo for you.

Mark Hammer

And how do you like it?

I have to confess that, for something which was generated almost purely by a bit of theory and some co-opting of circuit fragments from here and there, without ANY empirical noodling around, I was really pleased with how good it sounded the first time I fired it up.  Other than Oliver Alex's mods to run it off 9v, nothing has been tinkered with or adjusted since the original.  Sometimes, you just go with your gut and things work out well. :icon_biggrin:

Having said that, I have not ever used it with a humbucker equipped guitar, or even with a P90, so I'm curious about the experiences of other people using other instruments.

~arph

Did you know this?

http://www.biyang.com.cn/Products.asp?Id=57

:o  Well Mark, looks like one of your pedals made it into commercial production.. I just bid on one 45,- euros. And will reverse it to see if it matches your design.

Mark Hammer

Interesting!!  This one has 4 knobs, so if it is the same basic design, they have modded or added something.  I find it amusing that they went with the same name and a font that was very similar to what I have on the schematic.  Rather than miffed, I'm sort of honoured.  The basic work was really that of Jules Rykebusch, and they've done all the legwork to turn it into a commercial product, so more power to them.  If it finds its way into the hands of tens of thousands of Chinese kids who wanna rock, so much the better.  I give out stuff freely and don't plan my life out in the hopes of being rich (although last week's trip to Gruhn's got me thinking....).

But step 1 is to see if it's just the name that's the same or if it is actually the same essential design.  Heck, for all we know, it is a further improvement. :icon_smile:

DimebuGG

I must give this a try I guess as my AC-2 clone got some intolerable hiss in the higher frequency. Actually, I already have my layout(before zeta posted his own) on this using a JFET input buffer, a dual, opamp, and a quad opamp and runs still on a 9V supply.

zeta55

Quote from: DimebuGG on September 21, 2009, 01:11:00 PM
Quote from: served on September 21, 2009, 10:19:36 AM

Your components are fine. The layout and the redrawn schematic of zencafe do have some mistake. Take a look at IC2C, the junction of R23, R11, and R22 SHOULD BE at the inverting input(-) of the opamp not on its output.

That's what I'm eyeing so far, my eyes are tired at this moment... :icon_twisted:

That's a stupid mistace I never noticed.
I'll get a new one posted as soon as possible.
I'm glad you got it debugged and working "served"

/Krister
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

~arph

Quote from: Mark Hammer on September 23, 2009, 11:42:25 AM
If it finds its way into the hands of tens of thousands of Chinese kids who wanna rock, so much the better.

:-\ Probably, each individual unit already found it's way through the hands of lots of chinese kids before it was sold..not a good thing really.

But step 1 is to see if it's just the name that's the same or if it is actually the same essential design.  Heck, for all we know, it is a further improvement. :icon_smile:

I bought one..  Ill put up the details for those interested, when I reverse it.
Pretty neat actually, wanting to build one for a very long time.

And yes it was the name in that font that immediatly rang a bell.. funny stuff I wonder if there are more pedals from this manufacturer that we can trace back here.