suggeset a delay!!!

Started by darrylportelli, July 11, 2009, 02:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darrylportelli

Hey I have a spare enclosure and wish to make a delay which one do you think sounds best? analog is preferred but if theres no analog ones available Ill do digital. If possible one that sounds close to the mxr carbon copy cos I heard the clips and it rocks!!!
Thanks

oldschoolanalog

Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

darrylportelli

ok. What do you guys think of tonepad's rebote 2.5.... How is it compared to GGGs one??
Thanks

soggybag

Rebote from tonepad is easy and very satisfying. I have built a few and they all worked with minimal effort.

darrylportelli

I cant find a video ad3208 from GGG but I found a vid of the PT-80 and Its nice.. which should I go with from GGG???

oldschoolanalog

If this is your first delay build and you have to go with one of the GGG designs, go for the PT80.
Simple build. No calibration needed. Nice sounding. Loads of info on it in the search function.
All the Best...
Mystery lounge. No tables, chairs or waiters here. In fact, we're all quite alone.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

darrylportelli

I found some vids on the rebote 2.5.....it actually sounds very natural indeed. And theres a vid on you tube where a guy puts 2 delays in 1 enclosure so you can get that brian may-3-guitar-harmony goin on but you have to have a bigger enclosure than I have. I happened to have a vacated enclosure so a delay would be nice.. the rebote it is!!!!

Mark Hammer

Two reasons why that's a sensible choice:

1) The board is smaller, making for greater choice in enclosures.

2) No trimpots to monkey around with.

Although more delay can be achieved with the AD3208, it's not necessarily an order of magnitude more.

If you wanted a super-shortcut, just buy yourself a FAB Echo and mod it.

darrylportelli

you said it mark. and For a digital effect it sure sounds warm, doesnt clip,decays naturally and doesnt suck tone.

sean k

Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Renegadrian

Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!