For everyone in the middle of deciding to mod his Crybaby

Started by richon, July 12, 2009, 01:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1F3Kl3ddI8

LEFT Crybaby: just with TBP, everything is original
RIGHT Crybaby: buffer removed, Red fasel, low gain transistores, Gain and mids resistors.... etc....etc..

saludos...
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

Auke Haarsma

nice clip.

Your modded version seems to have a broader sweep and/or a brighter sound. Nice one!

Auke Haarsma

Alman

Hey there, I like the modded wah. Could you give us some of your values and transistor types?

Thanks,
Al
Allan Bordage
Allaur Electronics

fuzzo

Quote from: Auke Haarsma on July 12, 2009, 01:52:36 PM
nice clip.

Your modded version seems to have a broader sweep and/or a brighter sound. Nice one!

I think so. more clear and expressive for your modded wah. "muddyless" too.

Ell

huge improvement in sound. Your modded one has more clarity and is brighter.

richon

Quote from: Alman on July 12, 2009, 02:32:06 PM
Hey there, I like the modded wah. Could you give us some of your values and transistor types?

Thanks,
Al

any BCXXX type with 300Hfe or little higher.....
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

Paul Marossy

I have to agree with everyone, the "heavy modded" wah pedal has more character to the sound.

With heavy distortion tones, I actually prefer "muddier" sounding wah pedals because they don't make the guitar sound too harsh with all of the harmonics flying around.

richon

Quote from: Paul Marossy on July 13, 2009, 02:33:33 PM
I have to agree with everyone, the "heavy modded" wah pedal has more character to the sound.

With heavy distortion tones, I actually prefer "muddier" sounding wah pedals because they don't make the guitar sound too harsh with all of the harmonics flying around.

with BCXXX or 2N5088 (or 2N5089) with 450 Hfe it will get a little more "unclear" and a little better for some distortios, although with the sweep cap modded to 0.022uF (instead of 0.01uF) it will work very good for distortion.
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

richon

another video of the "used to be" original Crybaby with all the mods (but the RED FASEL) against the Complete moded Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stBGH43-uy4
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

RedHouse

richon

Quote from: RedHouse on July 13, 2009, 11:59:47 PM
So Richon, you gonna keep us guessing?

guessing about what???  ???

the  tants in a WAH???  :P    tomorrow I'll mod mine and post a VIDEO also...   patience little grasshopper
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl

richon

Quote from: richon on July 14, 2009, 12:51:33 AM
Quote from: RedHouse on July 13, 2009, 11:59:47 PM
So Richon, you gonna keep us guessing?

guessing about what???  ???

the  tants in a WAH???  :P    tomorrow I'll mod mine and post a VIDEO also...   patience little grasshopper

here the video:  http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=77713.msg639790#msg639790
Richon - Ricardo
Viña del Mar
Chile
www.richon.cl