TS9DX Problem.....

Started by sevenisthenumber, July 21, 2009, 03:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenisthenumber

I have a TS9DX and when in the stock mode the volume is very low and tinny. The other modes work fine?? ANy ideas?

JasonG

bad switch or loose wires. I fixed one that got zapped by a bad power supply it would cut in and out. I would get in there with some contact cleaner hit everything you should. If that doesn't  do the trick start jiggling some wires. If they are all good get out the DMM something on the board is bad.
Class A booster , Dod 250 , Jfet booster, Optical Tremolo, Little Gem 2,  mosfet boost, Super fuzz , ESP stand alone spring reverb red Llama omni-drive , splitter blender ,

NEVER use gorilla glue for guitar repairs! It's Titebond , Elmers, or Superglue

sevenisthenumber

I have spend some time on this and nothing makes since? How can the other modes work and the stock has an issue??

wordsandsigns

I've got the same problem with my TS9DX, except it's affecting all modes in my unit.  The volume is very low, and only produces normal output if I jolt the pedal, but it usually quickly returns to a soft volume.  I took the pedal apart, and it responds when I make contact with the level pot, but as soon as I put all the components back in the case and tighten the nuts, it stops responding to my wiggling.  I sprayed WD-40 inside (especially around the pots) to try to clean it up (is this the right contact cleaner to use?), but it didn't help.  Any ideas?

thanks