Suggestions on how to get the bass sound I need on a song...

Started by Renegadrian, July 24, 2009, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegadrian

As I wrote before, I use my trusty Valvy as a boost...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Meanderthal

Sorry, had no idea Valvy was a pedal, thought it meant a tube amp :icon_redface:

Hmmm... you could try running it parallel with the 506... switch in the 506 just for that part? Sure, it won't sound like strings, but...

I'm not familiar with the other zoom units you mentioned, but I gather they must be rackmounts. Even if they're designed for guitar, and even in the event that they kill bottom end, running parallel with something that preserves your bottom end (and is in phase)would allow them to be useful for bass... but I know only too well how hauling around racks for bass can get tiresome. So can trying to do the Geddy Lee thing...

I am not responsible for your imagination.

Renegadrian

Valvy is short for Valvecaster.
The other Zooms I have are all but one floorboards.
I think I am going to try some strange circuits like Escobedo's or something with 386...Something noisy!

Renegadrian

A customer sent me a PROCTAVIA to get it fixed (burnt trannies from reversed polarity) - I tried it with bass, I could try to use one to achieve the sound I'm after, but maybe I'd add a blend control and I'd like to get a cleaner sound off of it. Is it possible to take the transformer snippet and adapt it in a cleaner configuration, ditching the fuzz for a signal booster?!

markeebee

If you don't mind buying instead of building......maybe try a Behringer BSY600 bass synth pedal?

I've got one and it's a whole bunch of fun, and you can get them for about £35.  Does some great farty, burpy synth noises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTASTRXw3-Q&feature=related