Feedback Looper issues...

Started by johnnysomersett, July 29, 2009, 04:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysomersett

Hey all.

Im building a looper from the beavis schematic and having some issues.

Now, I didn't need the option of having the feedback/bypass box switch so omitted it but I can't seem to get any bypassed signal.

SO

Has anyone got/know a link to a simpler feedback looper that can be ran off just a momentary 3PDT switch with LED and level pot?? or similar that is easily changed?

Cheers

thereverend

Quote from: johnnysomersett on July 29, 2009, 04:09:06 AM
Hey all.

Im building a looper from the beavis schematic and having some issues.

Now, I didn't need the option of having the feedback/bypass box switch so omitted it but I can't seem to get any bypassed signal.

you have a diagram/schematic of what you did? easier to figure it out that way.

Has anyone got/know a link to a simpler feedback looper that can be ran off just a momentary 3PDT switch with LED and level pot?? or similar that is easily changed?

Cheers

if you were using a momentary switch why would you need the led? seems like you'd know when it was on/off when you depressed the switch.

it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

johnnysomersett

only want the Led because its already installed (change of plan on the enclosure)

The schematic is the Beavis one with just the SPST switch omitted.

johnnysomersett

I have just come up with this, sorry it's so small - I drew it on my PDA hahaha: EDIT: Did a bigger one:

Switching using a DPDT momentary footswitch. Should this work?

-- im not 100% sure I have the lugs on the pot wired correctly either...can anyone confirm this? For a volume I'd normally wire (L to R) IN, OUT, GROUND but the beavis schematic had it wired like above so I'm confused

newfish

Looks to me like there's no input signal getting to the 'bypass' bit.

With the switch in the 'down' position, your input socket isn't connected to anything.

I'd be tempted to connect the two bottomlugs together - which would give a straight-through connection with the switch in the 'down' / 'bypass' position.
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

thereverend

i started to draw one up but my mspaint skills suck. a quick search brought up this...

it's not a BURST BOX  it's a circuit box with burst button...

johnnysomersett

Quote from: newfish on July 29, 2009, 09:50:19 AM
Looks to me like there's no input signal getting to the 'bypass' bit.

With the switch in the 'down' position, your input socket isn't connected to anything.

I'd be tempted to connect the two bottomlugs together - which would give a straight-through connection with the switch in the 'down' / 'bypass' position.

Well, with the switch 'off'...the signal still goes through the loop, just the feedback connection is taken out...make sense?

Doing it like this lets me use the effect as normal until I wanna make it go crazy

johnnysomersett

Well....

I got home about 1 1/2 hrs ago, got stuck right into it and IT WORKS!!  ;D ;D ;D

Evne better still... it allows the repeats to die away naturally once you switch it off!

All I need now is to find a momentary DPDT footswitch that doesnt click...anyone know of one?

trixdropd

Quote from: johnnysomersett on July 29, 2009, 01:52:21 PM
Well....

I got home about 1 1/2 hrs ago, got stuck right into it and IT WORKS!!  ;D ;D ;D

Evne better still... it allows the repeats to die away naturally once you switch it off!

All I need now is to find a momentary DPDT footswitch that doesnt click...anyone know of one?

if it's working then please post a proper layout of what you did.

johnnysomersett

Quote from: trixdropd on July 29, 2009, 02:45:28 PM
Quote from: johnnysomersett on July 29, 2009, 01:52:21 PM
Well....

if it's working then please post a proper layout of what you did.

With pleasure:

I've called mine "Certain Deaf"

trixdropd

big bustle

for momemntary dpdt switches effectsconnection has a good deal right now at $1.75 a pop

just don't get them too hot when soldering

they die a very early death

this info found from this fantastic thread: http://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=77553.0