9v recharge circuit

Started by dubiousss, July 31, 2009, 08:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubiousss

so was wondering about a small circuit you could implement into your box's that while pluged into an adaptor the 9v rechargeable battery inside would recharge itself? anyone know of such a circuit?

newfish

No idea on circuits, but this is an excellent idea.
Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

Mark Hammer

"Trickle-charge" circuits are omnipresent.  Keep in mind that for many years the supply to the BIOS settings on most computers was via a rechargeable battery.  The assumption was that when you powered on, the PS would replace the on-board battery for that time, but th PS would also recharge the on-board battery to carry it through those periods where you didn't use the computer but still needed to retain the BIOS settings.

WLS

Since I've breadboarded it I can only blame myself.

But It's Just A Chip!

dubiousss

yeah probibly, but like not sure how id use it or where to get them..

solderman

Hi
I wanted a solution that made it possible for me to have a centralized power source to all effects on my board and be able to use both high voltage and battery.   The solution I came up with was to make a two step PS. It is based on one 12V-1A unregulated DC wallwart and a regulator based on a Tonepad circuit.  If used from High woltage the wallwart powers the regulator that then powers the pedals. In case battery I use a 12V lead cell rechargeable motorcycle battery at 1.5 Ah. It lasts for to charge the battery I just use the wallwart and connect it to the battery. I planned to build a regulator but that hasn't happen yet. 
The only bad sounding stomp box is an unbuilt stomp box. ;-)
//Take Care and build with passion

www.soldersound.com
xSolderman@soldersound.com (exlude x to mail)

WLS

Here is somthing that may work better and cheaper - Mouser Part #: 863-MC34164P-5G http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=sGAEpiMZZMunEhqKs81nFN1FbXHrtkNdR6IkRZbf5Fo%3d

I looked at it briefly but it is a under voltage sensor. Set it up to detect when charge state is needed. Comes in a nice TO-92 package and only 70 cents. something maybe looking into.

Bill

Since I've breadboarded it I can only blame myself.

But It's Just A Chip!