Trotsky Drive Help and Mod Ideas

Started by Kearns892, August 03, 2009, 06:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acroberts

Quote from: WhenBoredomPeaks on August 04, 2009, 07:05:59 AM
I have pictures of my working breadboard Trotsky, if you still can't make it work, i can post the pic for you.

Hey there - I'm a total newb and just laid my hands on a breadboard with hopes to build the Trostky, Electra and others to get my feet wet.  Could I trouble you to post those pictures of the breadboard Trotsky?

Thanks man!
drew

WhenBoredomPeaks

Quote from: acroberts on September 20, 2009, 02:06:18 PM
Quote from: WhenBoredomPeaks on August 04, 2009, 07:05:59 AM
I have pictures of my working breadboard Trotsky, if you still can't make it work, i can post the pic for you.

Hey there - I'm a total newb and just laid my hands on a breadboard with hopes to build the Trostky, Electra and others to get my feet wet.  Could I trouble you to post those pictures of the breadboard Trotsky?

Thanks man!
drew

I can't find the pics atm but here's a graphic which is easier to "read":

http://www.beavisaudio.com/bboard/projects/bbp_Trotsky.pdf

I wish you great luck with the trotsky, i really like it's tone with GE diodes.

acroberts

beto

Hi everyone, I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I have built my trotsky driver and seems to work great. The only thing (besides some buzz with the gain) is that the effect seems to be a little lower (or at least equals) to the true bypass. Is this expected? Is recomended to use this pedal with buffers or boosters?
Anyaway I will try to switch the position of the 2N222 and measure the voltage within the pins.
Beto

beto

Just changed 2n222 for 2n3094 and now the volume works great. Very nice sound.
Thanks!

blooze_man

Here's what I did for my Trotsky: Use 2n5088. Replace B50k with A100k (makes the transistion from low to high smoother and allows for more distortion). Expiriment with diodes (I use 1n914 and 1n34a but a red LED with 1n914 has more hair). I also added the BMP tone control with recovery stage (also with 2n5088) That's what I did and I love it.
Big Muff, Trotsky Drive, Little Angel, Valvecaster, Whisker Biscuit, Smash Drive, Green Ringer, Fuzz Face, Rangemaster, LPB1, Bazz Fuss/Buzz Box, Radioshack Fuzz, Blue Box, Fuzzrite, Tonepad Wah, EH Pulsar, NPN Tonebender, Torn's Peaker...

beto

Using a 2N5088 is something that I have to try here.
I have built a LBP1 linear booster with it and has TONS of GAINS and a very nice distortion with full volume.
I will post the results. Till now 2N3094 definitely sounds louder than 2N222
Thanks
Beto