My First PCB Layout - Fuzzrite

Started by burdt, August 05, 2009, 04:37:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdt

i'm eager to show off my first pcb layout. i etched and soldered all the parts on tonight but i haven't had the chance to test it out. i'm pretty confident that it will work though...

here's a pdf with the transfer and an explanation of why i chose the fuzzrite as my first layout.

http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/diyuser/burdt/fuzzrite.pdf.html

thanks for all the inspiration and the help. hopefully this isn't the only layout i attempt.
HUBRIS

burdt

my eagerness seems to have worked out. IT WORKED!!! by the way, this is the schematic I used: http://www.montagar.com/~patj/mfuzrite.gif

i used one 2n2222 and one BC107, both with lowish HFEs, TO-39 casings

this circut is simple enough to have committed to memory. now i have to understand what's going on with the transistors to fully GET IT. the sense is slowly percolating into my brain. also,  because of some choice link jumping on wikipedia i learned that the transistors on this (along with the fuzz face) are wired as common emitter amplifiers.

i also learned how to tell apart NPN and PNP's in a schematic in addition to finally committing to memory which part of the symbol is the collector, base, and emitter.   

its all starting to make sense and i can't help but feel nostalgic about the times when i didn't know a resistor was, or the first time i smelled solder, or the first time i heard the signal come through the other end of a homebuilt circuit at 3 in the morning and i felt like i had just won the nobel prize for physics. 
HUBRIS

Kearns892

Congratulations, getting a circuit up and running is a great feeling and I hope it keeps you coming back for more and keeping you around. Good luck on your future exploits.

bluesdevil

Good job! Nothing like the feeling of creating a layout that actually works.
By the way, what value pots did you end up using?
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

tranceracer

Great Job!
Here's great thread that explains how parts of a works:

burdt

Quote from: bluesdevil on August 07, 2009, 07:03:40 PM

I used 50ka and 500kb with parallel resistors. I tried to get the value as close to stock, it worked rather well.
HUBRIS

bluesdevil

Quote from: burdt on August 08, 2009, 02:53:33 PM
Quote from: bluesdevil on August 07, 2009, 07:03:40 PM

I used 50ka and 500kb with parallel resistors. I tried to get the value as close to stock, it worked rather well.

:icon_cool:
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

albertozioli

Guys I'm trying for ages build my fuzzrite clone and I have some problems, could you guys give me a hand, I'm talking to other guy on the mosrite forum, he is tring to help me as well, this is the link has some pictures of the project there...

http://www.mosriteforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3807

Cheers!
Albert