Tap with Memory Man/Boy/Toy?

Started by benallison, August 07, 2009, 06:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benallison

I've thought for a long time that a drop-in tap-tempo should be possibly. Simply replace the Time pot, and calibrate minimum and maximum delay times to a minimum and maximum resistance value in some sort of micro controller.

Anyone try modding one into a Memory Man/Boy/Toy? Or perhaps a Carbon Copy?

benallison

Digital resistor. MCU, calibrated to the pedal and resistor.

Anyone?

jacobyjd

sounds like you've got a good start--give it a try! :)
Warsaw, Indiana's poetic love rock band: http://www.bellwethermusic.net

earthtonesaudio

It would depend on the clock circuitry used in the delay, but with a little modification I think you could get one of the recent DIY tap-tempo projects for PT2399 delays to work, the PTAP in particular looks promising.

The Tone God

I want to offer a tap tempo option for BBD based delay but as I don't have one to test with I can't. Its still something I want to do though. It would be really easy for me.

Andrew

benallison

It appears as though the PTAP creator might have an analog solution in the works.

The only challenge I forsee is callibration: callibrating to the delay's minimum and maximum delay time. You'd need to have trim pots or something so you could dial in MCU (I'm envisioning a kit).

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: StephenGiles on August 11, 2009, 06:20:29 AM
Voice operated would be nice.

"Count-In-Tempo"?  1-2, 1-2-3-4  :icon_smile:

StephenGiles

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on August 11, 2009, 06:36:36 AM
Quote from: StephenGiles on August 11, 2009, 06:20:29 AM
Voice operated would be nice.

My wife sings with a Sacred Harp group now and then, and one member seems to count in - 1234 - 1..........for everything, whatever rhythm!!

"Count-In-Tempo"?  1-2, 1-2-3-4  :icon_smile:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

benallison

ZiggyZipgun

The Deluxe Memory Boy has a tap tempo function, as well as an effects loop!  Happy New Year, indeed!

Br4d13y

and it has note subdivision :o  well i'll be monkey's uncle!
freedom is the freedom to say 2+2=4