The Abandoned Idea Dumping Ground

Started by Taylor, August 11, 2009, 05:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenisthenumber

A pedal that makes you sound like whats in your head. It could connect to the brain stem by means of a an "expression" jack....
Could work if we were in the year 3004.
We could imagine tone and then it would be produced through the pedals output to an amp...

:icon_wink:

Taylor

Stuff along those lines isn't too impossible or even that far off - but it won't have anything to do with guitar. I've seen some experimental designs intended to interface brain activity to computer control - it's just a couple of steps from there to brain synthesis.

blueduck577

we all know the fuzz face doesn't like buffers and needs to see the guitar directly... i've always wondering about creating buffer whose output impedance resembles that of a guitar so we can use our fuzz faces after buffered bypass pedals

earthtonesaudio

Quote from: blueduck577 on August 17, 2009, 03:03:30 PM
we all know the fuzz face doesn't like buffers and needs to see the guitar directly... i've always wondering about creating buffer whose output impedance resembles that of a guitar so we can use our fuzz faces after buffered bypass pedals

Check out Jack Orman's "Pickup Simulator" on www.muzique.com

That reminds me of another of my orphaned ideas:

On one side, a guitar input, buffered output, and a circuit that senses the setting of the guitar's volume potentiometer.  On the other end, a second pair of jacks that let you "splice in" a variable resistance that is controlled by your guitar volume pot.  This would let you control the fuzz with your volume knob no matter where it was in the chain.

sevenisthenumber

Quote from: blueduck577 on August 17, 2009, 03:03:30 PM
great idea! Anti-BUffer!

Taylor

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on August 11, 2009, 05:50:52 AM
BBD is overkill - try delaying with a two-stage phaseshifter first  :icon_wink:
Be aware, that the positive and the negative halfwaves will not neccessarily be "interconnected" anymore,
but will look sheared off, and sound like that. Which sure can sound interesting though, especially when phased against each other. (Fuzz-Phase).

Can you explain this a little further? What makes a waveform interconnected? Is there some amount of phase difference after which the two halves would be separate?