intersound ivp stripboard layout

Started by daverdave, September 04, 2009, 07:58:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daverdave

I know it's not really a stompbox, but I've started making a vero layout for the intersound ivp preamp, I'm gonna make it over 3 or 4 pieces of stripboard. I was hoping that someone interested in making the project as well could check over the layouts and help out when I post them. Not sure how long it'll take as I'm starting uni in a few weeks and I don't have much time.

edvard

I'll help.
Do you happen to have the schematic to cross-check with?
I've been all over the net looking for it since you posted and I can't find a darn thing.
Some kind of closely guarded secret or something... :icon_neutral:
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

daverdave

It's a pdf file, if you pm me your email I'll send it you, I don't know how to post it on here.
There's 2 schematics for it, the original intersound and the tapco, I've been working off the tapco, so far I've done about a third of the layout, was gonna do the next part on a seperate layout, it's a pretty big schematic and my layout is a bit messy but I think it's correct so far.

daverdave

Right, this is the first part up to the first effects send, it's pretty messy with alot of wires but I think it should work. Most of the controls are on this board, so the next shouldn't be as messy. If you see any mistakes let me know.

edvard

OK, cool.
I've got everything printed out but haven't taken a look yet.
Too little sleep this last week made me head to bed early.
I'll get back to you when I can throw an eyeball at it.
All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy

Tonemonger

Ah, yes ! The Albini pre-amp ! I've got one if you need to know any details.
Looking good though , I'm impressed.
What are you going to use for the transformer in the 'tube' section?

daverdave

Good question, I have absolutely no idea! It's something I'll have to look into, if you have any suggestions could you let me know?

analogguru

Quote from: daverdave on September 12, 2009, 04:03:07 PM
Good question, I have absolutely no idea! It's something I'll have to look into, if you have any suggestions could you let me know?
Many thanks for the e-mail content, a 42TM018 should do the trick:
http://www.google.at/search?as_q=&hl=de&num=100&btnG=Google-Suche&as_epq=42tm018&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&cr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&as_rights=&safe=images

analogguru

daverdave

Ah great, cheers matey. I'll get my hands on one.

notnews32

Hey Dave.. I can't find your stripboard layout anywhere, a google search turns up the image you uploaded but it's been removed from the original site and the thumbnail that still exists is too small to distinguish anything. I'd love to try this out and build it up!

armdnrdy

Since "Daverdave" hasn't visited this site since June 21, 2014, you may want to PM him and keep your fingers crossed.  ;)
I just designed a new fuzz circuit! It almost sounds a little different than the last fifty fuzz circuits I designed! ;)