Fulltone Ultimate Octave

Started by El Heisenberg, September 26, 2009, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Heisenberg

Does anyone know what the bright/full switch does on the Ultimate Octave? Its just a foxx tone machine, right? I just change the .0033 cap to .0068.
"Your meth is good, Jesse. As good as mine."

BAARON

I can email you the schematic for the Ultimate Octave if you PM me your address.
B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

El Heisenberg

BAARON

B. Aaron Ennis
If somebody makes a mistake, help them understand what went wrong.  Show them how to do it right.  Be helpful.  Don't just say "you're wrong, moron."

nosamiam

Would you mind PM'ing it to me too, please? Looks interesting!

Thanks!

fuzzo

Why not posting it here ? that would be useful for everyone.

BAARON

Because it's not my schematic, so I'm not going to host it on my webspace and post it.
B. Aaron Ennis

El Heisenberg

The ultimate octavia is different from the foxx tone machine. A few caps are switched, especially on the tone stack. And the 50k pots are 100k. I like it this way better. I used 2n5133s. Matched resistors and diodes where i needed to. I havent put it on perfboard yet cuz it gets some radiostations at high volumes with the fuzz up. The 5133s had hfe of 80 and 120. A pair of each hfe. I used the 80s for the first two and 120s for the second. I thought using a low gain transistor for the phase splitting octave part would make the octave better. Spmetimes iy sounds like there is crazy static over the notes im playing.

El Heisenberg

I also used tant caps for all 10 uf caps except the output cap. And all film caps. Didnt have 1% resistors tho.

sgt_pancho

Quote from: BAARON on September 26, 2009, 12:54:27 PM
I can email you the schematic for the Ultimate Octave if you PM me your address.

I Baaron....i just registered  few minutes ago since i got this amazing page looking for this pedal layout. I'm in very early stage of DIY but  if you can email me too the layout of Fulltone Ultimate Octave....godos bless ya man!  :icon_cool: :icon_wink:
Thank you!

WLS

Quote from: El Heisenberg on September 27, 2009, 09:53:28 PM
... I havent put it on perfboard yet cuz it gets some radiostations at high volumes with the fuzz up...

Boxing it up should help eliminate the reception of radiostations.

Bill

Since I've breadboarded it I can only blame myself.

But It's Just A Chip!

El Heisenberg

For fulltone ultimate octave build the foxx tone machine, and change the input cap and filter caps from .1uf to .047uf. Add a 10k resistor in series before the sustain/fuzz pot. Change all pots to 100k and add a 100k resistor between pins 3 and 2 of the fuzz pot (or use a 50k pot). Finally, the tone switch. Replace the .0033uf cap with a switch to alternatr between .001uf and .015uf. This is the ultimate octavia. 

martin1982

Hi! I just registered.. I'm looking for layout ultimate octave.. someone can send me scheme or diagram for this effect??   ;)
e-mail: satrianius@o2.pl

connie_c

There is a link to the layouts gallery at the top of this page.Look in there and read the post previous to your one.There are lots of threads on the tone machine. The search function is good to find those.

Ive heard its a tricky build in previous posts.

Good luck!

mindfenris

Would you mind PM'ing it to me too, please? Looks interesting too!!
mindfenris9@voila.fr
thank you very very much

audioguru

Would you mind PM'ing it to me too, please?
audioguru@videotron.ca
thank you very very much

Alien

Would you mind PM'ing it to me too, please?
gitaralom@gmail.com

El Heisenberg

Look. everyone just look at the Foxx Tone Machine schematic and make the changes we talked about in the thread. It's very simple. it's the same circuit with a switch to change the tone control a little bit. Big deal.

pantufla

hi guys left you a pic of my Ultimate octave clon based on Madbean´s Foxx tone machine board + your changes.
is sounds great, also i try tasting some differents caps with the switch and 332 instead of 153 sounds good for me.

cheers