R.G Millenium 2 with Signal Shunt Vero Layout

Started by Scruffie, September 29, 2009, 10:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scruffie

Couldn't find a vero layout for the millenium bypass with signal shunt, so I made one... orientations are unchecked and it could probably be made alot smaller by someone better at vero layouts than me, think it's okay though but i'm pretty tired so it probably isn't.

Schematic here:
http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/mill2extn/mil2plus.htm

jonasx26

hey, thanks!
looks like D3 on your vero is connected to the wrong side of the LED?
i'm VERY tired so i may be wrong.. 

will check it again when focused, pretty sure this circuit will come in handy..

all the best! / Jonas

Scruffie

Right you are, it needs to go one extra hole further down, i'l change that in a bit.

Q1 could also be placed fully on the vero if you wanted by just moving it up one and cutting D,3 just stuck it there because... I did.

Scruffie

jonasx26

yeah, i probably won't leave Q1 hanging :)
thanks a lot for sharing!

/ Jonas

Scruffie

This is now verified and with the transistor orientations listed (they are the right way round for the BS170 and 2N3904 I had but as always, check your pin outs) It was easier to leave the 2N3904 hanging off due to it's C-B-E pin out and just snip the emitter off but it can be placed on board with the pin bent to the hole shown on the board.

Doesn't quite suppress all Oscillaton, I tested it with a circuit that oscillated quite alot though and it's certainly better than nothing or buying a 3PDT.

Scruffie

Scratch that, not verified, for some reason i'm getting 9V out at the LED any ideas?