Talk Box / Pro Systems 4660

Started by { antonio }, October 07, 2009, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{ antonio }

for those of you who have built http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/diagrams/talkbxsc.gif this talk box.  What are you using as a replacement for the 4660 Driver?  Curious.  thanks. 
shalom + godspeed.  antonio.
www.myspace.com/magnificat

petemoore

http://www.usspeaker.com/jbl%202426H-1.htm
  Spec sheet.
  Wow, I'd say overkill, better than blowing the little diaphrams up though.
  1'' throat, you'd want to reduce to make the hose fit, 8 or 16 ohms is usually nice, 70watts...wow sonic-vibra-tooth therapy anyone ?
  500hz @<70watts it looks like, that's pretty low freq for a HF horn, should give that throaty sound.
  Altec 808 driver worked just great.
  Pretty much the same thing from...the other driver I estimated to look like @ 30watter, plenty of drive, didn't seem to be stressed at all with 5watt tube amp, not dumping bass frequencies into driver helps reduce useless current producing coil heat, [such is the case involving current at bass frequencies the speaker doesn't even reproduce] and diaphram poppage.

Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Nasse

I used Atlas Sound driver for one project (not really a talkbox), perhaps Atlas Sound SD-370A might be similar but they cost something like 100...200 euros, they are not high freq but more mid/speech range
  • SUPPORTER

petemoore

Made 'em a few times.
  Just like amps that get lots bigger but the little one sounds 'loud', voiceboxes can be the same way, it doesn't take too much to get 'em going.
  Of course get what you'd expect, after tryin' some cheap horn came out of a console and then a better one..there's a difference, and if you want what you want [say mids] in certain amounts those spec sheets that display the nitty gritty is where it's at, frequency response and power handling are nice, You never really know what a driver's going to sound like compared to what until after, they're certainly not all constructed the same.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fender3D

I used an old RCF N450.
It has a fenolic diaphragm, the new N450 has a pure titanium diaphragm and it's somewhat more "sparkly", with my Marshall at least...
I hope I'll never burn out that coil  :-*
"NOT FLAMMABLE" is not a challenge