Board-mounted 3PDT's: any real life evidence against them?

Started by Taylor, October 08, 2009, 08:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschwartz

Quote from: Naz Nomad on October 09, 2009, 11:47:56 AM
Quote from: dschwartz on October 09, 2009, 11:43:05 AM... since the pcb helps dissipating exxesive heat when soldering ...

Would a copper wire soldered to an offboard switch not dissipate more heat than a PCB pad though? :icon_question:
well, the fiberglass also will dissipate some heat.
Of course, if someone very good soldering wires on the first try and clean with little solder , the off board solution is better..not my case though..

i´m allways insecure about good connection when solderig off board, so i tend to solder and re-flow, and also make mistakes that means unsoldering and resoldering, risking the 3pdt.

but again, it´s a matter of tastes and what fits your overall designs..

----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com

frank_p

Quote from: Naz Nomad on October 09, 2009, 03:51:03 AM
'Comedy Statement of the Year Award' goes to ...

"If your nuts get loose you might have repetitive stress."

;D ;D

Since my english is very poor, I did not even realise the "double sense".
;D

R.G.

No apologies, Frank. I don't speak any other language well enough to try to participate in an internet forum in it. Kudos to you for being able to.

And actually, if I'd thought of it, I'd probably used exactly the same words!   :icon_lol:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

frank_p

Quote from: R.G. on October 09, 2009, 12:55:41 PM
No apologies, Frank. I don't speak any other language well enough to try to participate in an internet forum in it. Kudos to you for being able to.

And actually, if I'd thought of it, I'd probably used exactly the same words!   :icon_lol:

Oh, it's because I received a pm today by a member who toughed that my "Sorrri fore maie bade Englishe" was aimed at laughing at people who speaks other language, when in fact I was laughing at myself...  :icon_lol:

I am goin to change that for something more clear.

Mark Hammer

Dirk_Hendrik

Quote from: R.G. on October 09, 2009, 12:24:43 PM
at the end, the best way to make switching reliable is using electronic switching. mechanic switching sucks on the reliability side.
Yep. The problem is then that non-technical musicians have been conditioned, Pavlov's-dog style, to salivate when they hear "true bypass... true bypass" whispered in their ear by boutique builders.  :icon_lol:
[/quote]

Hail hail!!!
More stuff, less fear, less  hassle and less censoring? How 'bout it??. To discuss what YOU want to discuss instead of what others decide for you. It's possible...

But not at diystompboxes.com...... regrettably

TELEFUNKON

Quote from: R.G. on October 09, 2009, 12:24:43 PM
at the end, the best way to make switching reliable is using electronic switching. mechanic switching sucks on the reliability side.

Quote from: Dirk_Hendrik on October 10, 2009, 11:59:06 AM
Yep. The problem is then that non-technical musicians have been conditioned, Pavlov's-dog style, to salivate when they hear "true bypass... true bypass" whispered in their ear by boutique builders.  :icon_lol:

Hail hail!!!

How is the torque between the chassismounted components distributed in this blooming example:   http://www.dirk-hendrik.com/red_sector_a.html ?