Wah pot values and there effect?

Started by Mark Abbott, October 10, 2009, 10:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR

> still not clear to me what a "there effect" is

It is a reminder that using words right can save MUCH confusion among our many readers.

there - another place
they're - they are
their - belongs to them

"What effect belongs to pot values? == THEIR
  • SUPPORTER

thermionix

I was hoping it would be obvious that I was making a joke about the thread title.

Cozybuilder

Quote from: thermionix on August 12, 2017, 12:40:18 AM
I was hoping it would be obvious that I was making a joke about the thread title.

It was
Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle.

Transmogrifox

there affect is to altar the floe of currant to the bass of the transinister wear it is maltiplied in the omitter. 

Quote from: PRR on August 11, 2017, 09:07:25 PM
It is a reminder that using words right can save MUCH confusion among our many readers.

As opposed to using words left?  Or do you mean "using words in the right manner", or more concisely "using words correctly"?

I couldn't resist it :D. I don't apologize. My high-school band teacher used to say "if you were really sorry you wouldn't have done it".  Most of the time she was right.  We never did feel much remorse about sticking gum on the bottom side of our chairs.  We only felt remorse that somebody from 5th period didn't get the blame.

At some point one has to give up being a pedant and figure out the meaning from the context or ask for clarification.  In a forum of "many readers" and with significant exposure to countries where English is not the primary language, we will learn how to understand things that are not expressed in a conventional manner or we will lose patience with it all.  Patiently slogging through confusion rooted in poor use of the language is just a part communicating in a forum like this.

This cuts both ways...if you give a damn. 

(It doesn't cut at all if you don't give a damn.  Then you just roll your stool from the computer over to the workbench and pick up a soldering iron.  Everybody is happier.)
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.