Heard From Gaussmarkov Lately?

Started by Joe Kramer, October 12, 2009, 09:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Kramer

Hi Friends,

Been trying to contact Gaussmarkov (Paul Ruud), but to no avail.  His last post here appears to be from August 2008.  Any info on his whereabouts much appreciated. . . .

Regards,
Joe

Solder first, ask questions later.

www.droolbrothers.com

John Lyons

He moved from the west coat to the east coast.
Not sure why he's been absent so long.
I emailed him a while back...
I'll try to dig up his email here and see what he's been up to

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Mark Hammer

I've e-mailed him at work several times this past year, but did not receive any replies.  Still hoping.

markm

I've been missing lately too but, have not seen Paul.

Solidhex

Come Back!

He was a big help to me when I first started using Eagle.

--Brad

ibodog

I think he's busy playing bass in a band:

just kidding

frank_p

gaussmarkov

Hey,

I apologize for being so out of touch.  Thanks to Joe and Mark for writing.  I have been a terrible correspondent.

After moving east, the financial meltdown occurred and that added a lot to an otherwise full plate.  We will be digging out of this one for some time to come.

I really miss diystompboxes, but I haven't even turned on an amp since moving.  Not that I am not playing.  I helped form an acoustic group shortly after landing (guitars, upright bass, fiddle, mandolin, banjo, ...) and that has been going pretty well.  We even opened for Pete Seeger once.  At 90, Pete still skips around the stage when he tells Abiyoyo.  Amazing.

When my move began, now more than a year ago, I had this idea to try with FETs and I am still looking forward to that.  I have some notes and some experiments to do.  I imagine that some things have moved along since I was able to track things daily.  It's daunting to think about reading all of those posts!  But it's great to know that good friends are still at it and that a whole pile of new ones have arrived. 

@markm, man how are you doing?
@john, there is so much to disucuss.
@brad, i hope you are doing well.
@joe and mark, when is our next summit?

all the best, paul/gaussmarkov

gaussmarkov

p.s.  at least i am easier to find than boscorelli. :icon_biggrin:

Joe Kramer

Quote from: gaussmarkov on October 22, 2009, 10:19:43 PM

Easier to find, yes, because you exist . . . ( :icon_wink: ).  Good thing too!  Glad to know you're doing all right.  Time, space, and electrons permitting, keep in touch!

Joe

PS: Since our last summit, I've got some new stuff to show off: a much-improved (and simpler) overdrive, a Marshall Guv'nor copy, a unique two-knob chorus, and an octave distortion (currently in the works). . . .  Let's do it!       

Solder first, ask questions later.

www.droolbrothers.com

aziltz

your eagle libraries made the learning curve so much more shallow.  thanks.

I showed my advisor my first layouts and etches and now i'm giving a talk in a few weeks to an electronics course on eagle: schematic --> layout --> pnp/etch and drill.

gaussmarkov

Quote from: aziltz on October 23, 2009, 02:11:10 AM

your eagle libraries made the learning curve so much more shallow.  thanks.

I showed my advisor my first layouts and etches and now i'm giving a talk in a few weeks to an electronics course on eagle: schematic --> layout --> pnp/etch and drill.

super!

John Lyons

Curious to hear what you've been up to Paul.
Hope things are going well for you and not to hectic.
Take care

John

Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/