Guitar Pickup Simulation?

Started by sevenisthenumber, October 13, 2009, 02:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenisthenumber

anchovie

Is this a wind-up?

Simple version: 3 components (one is a pot, so "offboard")
Advanced version: 6 components (2 of them pots)

If you glued the transformer upside-down in a box you wouldn't even need a board!

Do you really need to be spoon-fed that badly?
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

manis404

I think the circuit is too simple to need a vero/perfbord. From what I am seeing, wire links could do the trick pretty well!
Sometimes to do it right, you have to Do It Yourself.

sevenisthenumber

Quote from: anchovie on October 13, 2009, 04:26:19 AM
Is this a wind-up?

Simple version: 3 components (one is a pot, so "offboard")
Advanced version: 6 components (2 of them pots)

If you glued the transformer upside-down in a box you wouldn't even need a board!

Do you really need to be spoon-fed that badly?

wow.. thanks for your not so nice help. I think spoon feed is a little harsh.
I have never used a transformer at all and just wanted to see it laid out on something I was very familiar with. I was unsure of the circuit being passive 100% as well.... Sorry to bother you with such an "useless" question....

sean k

I do like your quotation from C.S. Lewis, seven is the number, and I think it may have brought forward some truth  :icon_mrgreen:

As the men above have so kindly informed you, this particular little monster is straightforward enough in its connections that it could all be done using the parts that bolt up to any enclosure you may intend to use.

If you look at the layouts of other pedals you'll see which tabs to use on a pot and from there know which is the earth end and thats the end to join all those earths to.

Apart from that the tmo19 is acually obvious once you have one in your hands as the drawing and the actuall transformer are almost the same, three on one side and two on the other, so once thats glued into the bottom of an enclosure ( the transformers do have tabs to solder to a board and you could bend those out and drill out tiny wee holes to bolt it to the enclosure but once you see one you'll see why the suggestion is to glue them in)

I've just done a little drawing for you but my scanners not plugged in... maybe I could do it in photoshop... oops, nor is my tablet.
Oh well, here goes with a mouse.

So the in and outs are a little hard to see but the tab connected to the centre circle is the earth and the tab kinda outside that is the "hot". The pots are viewed from the back, or the side you'll see when they are mounted and your going to solder to them, is that good for you?
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/

Paul Marossy

Huh, that's an interesting idea that Jack has come up with. I might have to play around with that a little bit.

sevenisthenumber

Quote from: sean k on October 14, 2009, 03:00:31 AM
I do like your quotation from C.S. Lewis, seven is the number, and I think it may have brought forward some truth  :icon_mrgreen:

As the men above have so kindly informed you, this particular little monster is straightforward enough in its connections that it could all be done using the parts that bolt up to any enclosure you may intend to use.

If you look at the layouts of other pedals you'll see which tabs to use on a pot and from there know which is the earth end and thats the end to join all those earths to.

Apart from that the tmo19 is acually obvious once you have one in your hands as the drawing and the actuall transformer are almost the same, three on one side and two on the other, so once thats glued into the bottom of an enclosure ( the transformers do have tabs to solder to a board and you could bend those out and drill out tiny wee holes to bolt it to the enclosure but once you see one you'll see why the suggestion is to glue them in)

I've just done a little drawing for you but my scanners not plugged in... maybe I could do it in photoshop... oops, nor is my tablet.

So the in and outs are a little hard to see but the tab connected to the centre circle is the earth and the tab kinda outside that is the "hot". The pots are viewed from the back, or the side you'll see when they are mounted and your going to solder to them, is that good for you?

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

sevenisthenumber

Quote from: sean k on October 14, 2009, 03:00:31 AM

if you wouldnt mid.... could you do a clearer draw? I think i understand it but wanna be sure. no rush!!!!!

DUY1337GUITAR

whoaa, this is a neat little project.  I think I'm gonna try this out.  If nobody made a better wiring diagram before I come back from school, I'll try to remember to make one for you.  But only if I remember :P, my friends and I are going to be demonstrating the Dr. Boogey for a video, so I might be a bit busy.  Hopefully someone is nice enough to make a good layout while I'm away.
Check out my guitar build at http://www.youtube.com/user/DUY1337GUITAR

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong....

sean k

So the TM019 is using the side with three wires out, which I can't remember being primary or secondary, but suffice to say it's not using the other side with only two out. The pots are from the back, being bolted in and seeing them from the side we solder to, and so is the switch. Good luck. Ah,  +, on the in and out, is the hot signal and 0 is ground.
Monkey see, monkey do.
Http://artyone.bolgtown.co.nz/