Can I get a little help with my Ampeg Scrambler?

Started by peps1, October 16, 2009, 12:55:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The French connection

Quote from: peps1 on October 19, 2009, 11:51:52 PM
It was really frustrating to be stuck on one little circuit for 3 days...but I got some really valuable lessons from it esspacialy the Audio-probe!

Now I get to do the fun part, and make the enclosure  ;D 

Next circuit is the Phaser 90 from tonepad, have etched the PCB and have all the parts, except a 500k pot.

Thank your all so much for the help, and more importantly the patience! 

Cool one but watch out, this one tricky...matching JFET...search the forum for setting all up correctly before divin' in it head down.

Good luck!

Dan
I know, but the pedal i built does not boost...it just increases volume!
My picture files:
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/French+connection/
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z4/letournd/Pedal/

Brathering

Hi everyone

New to this forum, found it while searching the web for an answer about my question to the tonepad ampeg scrambler.
First, I hope it's okay to use this thread because the openers problem seems to be solved and I've a question equal to the original-one; "the correct wiring".

Have build the minimal-version first (no bypass-switch a.s.o), to check if everything work and "play" with different values of parts (I'm a drum-guy, so use it for drum-machines and stuff like that, maybe have to do some adjustment here and there)
I forgot to order one part (damn hell^^), so time enough to ask here before finally fire it up.

The ground-lane: Is it correct that signal-ground as well as voltage-ground are connected to the same ground-points!?
Unusual for me, but I'm not a guitar-man, so when it's common, just say it.

Here is a picture about my pre-wiring, please don't hesitate to intervene if something wrong - many thanks in advance!

LucifersTrip

Quote from: Brathering on June 15, 2012, 06:51:21 AM
Is it correct that signal-ground as well as voltage-ground are connected to the same ground-points!?

yes
always think outside the box

Brathering

Thanks, so the picture/schematic i've posted above is correct at all!?