New tone booster in Elektor magazine

Started by StephenGiles, October 28, 2009, 12:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

I saw this briefly this afternoon, it uses a 13700 together with diode/transistor tricks to boost the treble & bass - not specifically aimed at guitars but could be useful.
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Nasse

Yep, damn nice small pcb too and its stereo. Might be nice for diy sound system. Perhaps that "dynabass" idea could be adapted for guitar. 
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

Wait.  You're telling me there is an audio circuit in Elektor?  And it is something a mere mortal can build?  Wow, it's been a looooong time. :icon_lol:

StephenGiles

Quote from: Nasse on October 28, 2009, 12:58:45 PM
Yep, damn nice small pcb too and its stereo. Might be nice for diy sound system. Perhaps that "dynabass" idea could be adapted for guitar.  

I wonder if the "designer" reverse engineered the Aphex exciter with "big bottom"!

Quote from: Mark Hammer on October 28, 2009, 01:35:17 PM
Wait.  You're telling me there is an audio circuit in Elektor?  And it is something a mere mortal can build?  Wow, it's been a looooong time. :icon_lol:

You're right :icon_biggrin:
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

StephenGiles

puretube

Quote from: Mark Hammer on October 28, 2009, 01:35:17 PM

Youse guys mustave missed:
Theremino with Arduino in #10/2009
written by this guy...

or the article about "wavefieldsynthesis" in the same issue,
sporting a nice picture of a 256 speaker array...
(BTW.: a few years back, at an AES convention, I pointed some of the Fraunhofer guys who were intersted in guitar-FX,
to this very forum...)

or the "pocket preamp" with interesting 3-way tone-control...

preceded a month earlier by a simple small class D PWM "PocketAmp"

or the Atmega-controlled mini-preamp,

or the indepth review about a HighEnd tube amp kit

or the hearing-threshold-tester...

and last, but not least,
in the german october issue, the article Stephen uploaded was issued as:
"Exciter for Audiosignals"...

StephenGiles

Funny how they called it an Exciter in Germany - it looked as if it was an exciter of some sort!