Can anyone help me out with some info on this Russian Scope

Started by Skruffyhound, November 02, 2009, 06:31:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

I know nothing about scopes really, but because of some recent breadboarding experiences, I'm beginning to understand the potential :icon_biggrin:

This is an analog scope I bought this summer on the "scope stall" at Latgale market in Riga. Never thought I'd see anything like that, a whole market stall piled up with old Russian scopes. There were also two stalls of electronics parts. Great fun!
I speak a bit of Latvian, but the stall owner was Russian so we had to make do with a few words of International and some crappy German.
I believe it is functional, has two channels, but I have no idea if it is operating in a range I can use for effects building.
The channels are marked 1Mohm30pf, and I can see some AC/DC switches,screen controls etc. that I can understand, but the rest is "all Russian to me"
The unit is a C1-77. If anyone with a greater experience of scopes and/or Russian could point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks Aston

dimych

from russian manual: "C1-77 an universal oscilloscope is intended for research form of periodic electric signals in the range of frequencies from 0 to 10 МHz. С1-77 has two channels, size of screen 60Х80, overall sizes 270Х180Х400, mass 8,5 kg A device is distinguished by simplicity and reliability of exploitation."

Rocket Roll

"Goin' down where Southern cross' the Dog"

Skruffyhound

Yeah!  ;D
Thanks for answering guys.
Of course probes! Now it makes sense. I have the appropriate probe and extention. Thanks RR

Dimych, great to find out the operating frequency and that it is simple and reliable. If you have time, I would love to know what some of the
words on the panel mean, but in any case thanks for the info, and thanks for posting for the first time to answer my questions.

Time to learn about analog scopes I guess  :icon_mrgreen:

Skruffyhound

Do you have a link to the manual Dimych, I'm having trouble finding it. Maybe I can use a translator program to read it. Thanks

SISKO

You should learn how to use a scope. Almost all "basics" scopes share the same fuctions
Heres a basic guide http://www.tone-lizard.com/Oscilloscopes.htm
--Is there any body out there??--

Skruffyhound

Paul Marossy

Quote from: SISKO on November 07, 2009, 10:11:21 PM
You should learn how to use a scope. Almost all "basics" scopes share the same fuctions
Heres a basic guide http://www.tone-lizard.com/Oscilloscopes.htm

I've never stumbled across that tone lizard page before even though I have been thru a lot of that site. Anyway, there's some good info on it.  :icon_cool: