New boxes at Rapidonline

Started by Skruffyhound, November 10, 2009, 02:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skruffyhound

On closer inspection, they are Hammonds, but with a gasket and cheaper than I can get them anywhere else at least for single units, what will happen to Eddystone (Hammond's Euro incarnation) now?

frequencycentral

I get my Eddystones from Rapid.

.........but those ones you linked to are waterproof (up to the height of your 6.3mm sockets at least) !!
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/

Questo è il fiore del partigiano morto per la libertà!

moose23

If only they were still waterproof after we drill loads of holes in them.

I should thank whoever it was on here who linked to the enclosures on rapid, so much cheaper than the other European stores.

compuwade

How about a good link for somewhere in the US? Those prices are about $3.75 a box USD. Which is great! I can't seem to find anywhere in the US for that kind of price.

bigchasbroon

Quote from: compuwade on November 10, 2009, 11:53:47 PM
How about a good link for somewhere in the US? Those prices are about $3.75 a box USD. Which is great! I can't seem to find anywhere in the US for that kind of price.

compuwade i think your maths is a bit out £1 is around $1.60 so the cheapest box there is £6 with tax. Nothing in the UK is cheaper than the US. A&W root beer is $1.60 for a can!

compuwade

Quote from: bigchasbroon on November 11, 2009, 01:54:07 AM
Quote from: compuwade on November 10, 2009, 11:53:47 PM

compuwade i think your maths is a bit out £1 is around $1.60 so the cheapest box there is £6 with tax. Nothing in the UK is cheaper than the US. A&W root beer is $1.60 for a can!
I probably read the prices wrong! Silly me!! LOL

newfish

+1 on Rapid.  I live 2 miles from my nearest Maplin and still shop on-line.

IP rated boxes aren't a bad idea if you know you play badly enough to get beer thrown at you...   :icon_eek:

Happiness is a warm etchant bath.

Ice-9

I get quite a bit from Rapid, but eddystone enclosures are Cheaper at Maplins. Eg standard mxr size 4.20GBP at rapid and 3.49GBP at maplins.
www.stanleyfx.co.uk

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result. Mick Taylor

Please at least have 1 forum post before sending me a PM demanding something.

moose23

Quote from: Ice-9 on November 11, 2009, 08:04:08 AM
I get quite a bit from Rapid, but eddystone enclosures are Cheaper at Maplins. Eg standard mxr size 4.20GBP at rapid and 3.49GBP at maplins.

I just get the slightly smaller 1709 "EDDYSTONE CASE 111 X 60 X 27MM (RC)" for 2.95 or 2.50 when you buy twenty. can't beat that.

moose23

Actually I was in my local guitar shop yesterday and the enclosures I mentioned above are the standard MXR size.