Fundamental pitch extraction system - Bode

Started by StephenGiles, November 11, 2009, 09:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

~arph

Nice!

Thanks for posting.
The amount of components needed will make this hard for diy and not really suitable for stompboxes though.   :(
Nice to see a reference to Don Lancaster in there.

StephenGiles

Quote from: ~arph on November 11, 2009, 09:45:27 AM
Nice!

Thanks for posting.
The amount of components needed will make this hard for diy and not really suitable for stompboxes though.   :(
Nice to see a reference to Don Lancaster in there.

"hard for DIY" - really, I started building an EH Rackmount Guitar Synth on veroboard just 30 years ago and there was no internet forum to help me!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Strategy

A Bode style frequency shifter is doable in DIY courtesy synth/fx guru Juergen Haible. Huge project with high parts count BUT- Juergen Haible's pcbs are incredibly well organized and extensively tested, you're entering into pretty safe (if time consuming) waters on this. And not necessary to make it a synth module, most of his stuff is configurable as standalone modules, rack or large pedal.

http://www.jhaible.de/fs1a/fs1a.html

A friend is working on this project now...

- Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

StephenGiles

I cannot do house diy, but give me a piece of veroboard and an analogue circuit and I will solder it up on said veroboard. I don't bother with a layout, never did, I suppose I just have a knack of doing it. I'm sure others must as well.

~arph

Quote from: StephenGiles on November 11, 2009, 11:55:30 AM
"hard for DIY" - really, I started building an EH Rackmount Guitar Synth on veroboard just 30 years ago and there was no internet forum to help me!

;D  Of course there are always exceptions.  I meant that it is a bit over the head of most diyers plus the final outcome will only fit in a rackmount untit.

isildur100

Did anyone build this? Are we sure it works well?

StephenGiles

Harold Bode ::) ::)  - is the pope a catholic??? I think that one might assume it works very well! However, I could not see any part values in the circuit so it probably won't find it's way into many 1590 boxes :icon_biggrin:

isildur100

I see.

:icon_redface: :D  ;D

I wonder if this was implemented in commercial products.

StephenGiles

Quote from: isildur100 on November 12, 2009, 10:39:28 AM
 I see.

:icon_redface: :D  ;D

I wonder if this was implemented in commercial products.

I've been wondering that too.

Moog 1634 – pitch-to-voltage converter perhaps ???

Cliff Schecht