True Bypass in original 808?

Started by Mikkel R, November 12, 2009, 07:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikkel R

Hello.
I haven´t been soldering a lot in a while. In the past I have gotten away with a few diy projects (tremolus lune, ross comp, DOD comp, fuzz face and three or four more).
And for that I thank this forum for helping me out when things got to complicated.
But now I´m at it again (with a new profile since I have a new computer and a new email adress, and didn't remember my old password):
I´ve been populating my pedalboard for gigging in the near future, and have grown quite fond of having two TS´s next to each other.
One - the first in line - is an original 808 (with the "tm" and all ;) ), the other one is a ts10.
When they are both "on" it's very close to what I would call "very nice sounding", but it seems that the 808 when used alone lacks a little of the punch (and hi-end) that it
has when it's the only buffered effect in the chain.
Can this be because it plays straight into another buffered one - the ts10?
If "yes", and that is what I suspect, I guess the way around it would be to fit a 3pdt in the 808. I´m a bit afraid to do this as a solo act, since it´s such a nice pedal, and the
operation apperantly involves removing Q's and what-not.
So my question is - sorry for the long preface -
Is there a "how-to" on true bypassing 808's somewhere in here for me to see? I can't seem to find it.
Preferably with either a layout or perhaps even a photo?  :)

Thanks.