Starcaster Flanger Button

Started by beastlymuff1n, November 18, 2009, 08:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastlymuff1n

Ok so I have a starcaster flanger pedal..I was wondering if anyone had the schematics to use the pedal button for another project, but just as an on/off switch..and if not if you could direct me to a button like it that i could use. Thanks in advanced

.Mike

I'm not sure what you mean, on-off switch.

The Starcaster pedals are copies of Boss pedals. Distortion = MT-2, Chorus = CE-5 (analog), Flanger = ? ? ?.

They use the x-wing style DPDT switches, like this one from Pedal Parts Plus. The switching is of this variety.

Maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you mean on-off switch, and someone could give you more help. :)

Mike
If you're not doing it for yourself, it's not DIY. ;)

My effects site: Just one more build... | My website: America's Debate.

Quackzed

to fx in          from fx out
             \       /
               o    o
  in jack --o     o--out jack
                o    o
               /____\

like this?
basically the signal goes into the middle lug on one side(in jack), the switch selects wheather the middle lugs  connect to the top or bottom lugs respectively. so in one position the signal goes from the middle lug(in jack) to the top one(fx in), through your circuit to (fx out) to the out jack and the effect is ON. in the other position the signal goes from the in jack to the middle lug and connects down to the wire connecting the 2 bottom lugs (true bypass) and then connects to the output jack and out and the circuit is bypassed.
nothing says forever like a solid block of liquid nails!!!