|HOME| |DIY FAQ| |GEO FAQ| |Debugging Page| |Links| |Schematics| |Wiki| |Layouts Gallery| |STORE|
|AMPAGE| |GEOFEX| |AMZ|

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 05:21:46 AM
972646 Posts in 103667 Topics by 33091 Members
Latest Member: IanEric.com
Home Help Login Register
DIYstompboxes.com  |  Projects  |  Beginner Project  |  pop with footswitch 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pop with footswitch  (Read 3496 times)
erupp

pop with footswitch
« on: November 19, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »

Much thanks for the link pazuzu.  I had to move a couple of components on the circuit board, but got the needed power supply filter components to fit (I'm using a 1590B enclosure so things are a little tight).  This seems to have removed the nasty buzz coming from the external 9v power supply!

Now I have another question.  I've noticed that there is a pop coming through my amp when engaging the footswitch.  Have searched this forum and found several posts which discuss switch popping issues with other pedal designs, but nothing specific to the beginner npn boost switch project.  Is there anything to be done here, did I not find the answer already posted, or is this something that you just learn to live with?

Thanks again.
pazuzu

pop with footswitch
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »

"true bypass pop" is pretty much something we all just live with. you can try some different brands of switches, i use radio shack 2pst "on off" toggles on my personal pedals because they don't really pop, but i play in my socks so it's easy to use them.

also i have read that switches will "wear in" and become quieter as you use them more.

aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

Re: pop with footswitch
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 12:23:32 AM »

What do you have before the pedal? Are you plugging the guitar directly into the pedal?
erupp

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 08:42:26 AM »

I am going straight from the guitar into the boost box then into the amp.  I am currently using a small Fender Champ 5F1 clone I built in a guitar amp building class.
aron
Administrator

Aron Nelson

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

You can try this wiring on the switch. It grounds the input when not in use.

http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/images/3PDTbwiring.jpg
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: