Broken Boss RC20XL looper. Possible to fix?

Started by bigandtall, November 20, 2009, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigandtall

Hey all,
Someone on another board has a broken Boss RC20XL looper and I'm not sure if it's possible to fix. Sounds like it might be out of my league, but one of you might be able to diagnose it and tell me if it's doable. Here's the description. Thanks in advance for any help:

So...here's the deal. With batteries the power light comes on (you have to have the output cable hooked up on these for it to power) and the input db knob works fine and it outputs sound just fine. However, no other LEDs light up and no tweaking, button pushing, or pedal pushing does anything. With external AC power instead of batteries, same thing except it doesn't always power on...sometimes you need to pull out the power adapter and put it in and then it powers up.

cortey

It sounds like you might have a faulty internal connection (maybe a cold solder joint or a wire has come loose).
If you havent alredy i suggest opening it up and have a look inside.
Projects:
Fuzz Companion
Ibanez PT-909 PhazeTone clone (current project)
Boss DM-3 Analog Delay
more to come...

bigandtall

I don't have it. A guy is selling it as is for $30 and I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to buy it and mess with it--- or if it's going to be $30 down the drain. It's in another city, so I can't really inspect it beforehand.

WLS

The enclosure is worth $10.00. The A/C adapter is worth? Well you know where I'm going with this. Send him an e-mail, dicker with him and see if he'll go lower. Then I would say go for it. What do you have to lose...

Besides Thirty Bucks :)

Bill

Since I've breadboarded it I can only blame myself.

But It's Just A Chip!

bigandtall

I know... :P

I've been going down that path in my head!