Stupid Wah Problem

Started by punching_sandwiches, November 25, 2009, 04:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punching_sandwiches

Hi guys, I'm having some trouble with a semi-home made wah.

Basically I got an old vox wah shell with the basic switching and stuff still there.

I then bought a replacement Crybaby GCB-95 circuit board as I don't have the time at the moment to build my own like you guys.

The problem I'm having is that when the wah is engaged half of the pot sweep wahs but when I get to the other half of the sweep the volume reduces to nothing (sort of like a volume pedal).
In bypass my signal runs fine.

I tried a brand new pot and the same problem persists.

Here's a diagram of the exact wiring I have done:

Help would be greatly appreciated as I have a rather important performance soon that requires my organist to wah all over the audiences faces!

Thanks

alanlan

I can't work out what the terminal connections should be, but are there any wiring instructions with it?  Is it possible you have wired the pot the wrong way around?  Try swapping the potentiometer input (i.e. whatever end isn't the ground connection) and the wiper connections - this may resolve the problem.  Perhaps someone with intimate knowledge of this PCB could chip in.

Paul Marossy

I also thought that the pot was miswired the first time I looked at this post. In my Dunlop pedal, the wiring harness is as follows: from left to right - no connection, purple, blue, yellow, green, black, red & black.

Purple goes to to switch as your picture shows
Blue goes to clockwise connection on pot and to the switch, as your picture shows
Yellow goes to wiper of pot
Green goes to the other end of the switch, as your picture shows
Black goes to the counterclockwise connection on the pot
Red and black is for the power

In your wiring diagram, it appears that the orange and green wires need to trade places. I think that will make it work like it's supposed to.