Boss MT-2 true bypass mod

Started by stoneattic, December 07, 2009, 09:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneattic

I wasn't sure which forum to post to since this isn't a "Build your own", so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place.  Please point me to the correct forum, move my post, etc.

I've been searching around trying to find mods to convert some of my Boss pedals to true bypass.  I found a post for the conversion of my DS-1 and finished it yesterday and I'm quite pleased.  So now I'm trying to find mods for some of my other Bosses.  I found the following marked up schematic for the MT-2 that this guy used to make a clone:

It appears to me that if I:

1.  Pull Q009 (in the red box in the upper left) and jumper across S & D (the outside pads) as shown with the blue markup
2.  Pull Q002 (in the red box in the lower right) and jumper across S & D (the outside pads) as shown with the blue markup
3.  Pull Q009 (in the red box in the upper right)

That should hot wire it "always on" and I can then wire up my 3pdt on the inputs. outputs, and LED.

Does this seem right to those who know more about this stuff than me?

stoneattic

I realized I typo-ed item 3.  It should read:

3.  Pull Q003 (in the red box in the upper right)

keeper1988

What about q004??? Should I pull on too???? and make a bridg between base and emitter?¿?¿?¿ Or what?

stoneattic

omnio

I know this post is old but since I got a used mt I started to search for true bypass mod. I bumped in this topic but I cannot see the photos in order to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!

ps: since this is my first post I have to say hello to all and that all of you are doing excellent job!

stoneattic

Quote from: omnio on January 10, 2012, 09:29:32 AM
I know this post is old but since I got a used mt I started to search for true bypass mod. I bumped in this topic but I cannot see the photos in order to do it. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you very much!

ps: since this is my first post I have to say hello to all and that all of you are doing excellent job!