ISP Decimator Schematic Request!!!

Started by davethedrummer84, December 08, 2009, 03:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davethedrummer84

Ive been looking all over the internet for a Schematic for the ISP Decimator Noise Reduction Pedal...Just Curious if anyone has seen one...Any Help would be Appreciated..Thanks

anchovie

The stompbox version has six dual op-amps and a VCA chip, along with a lot of passive components. Even if you had a schematic, you'd probably prefer to buy one! :)
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

davethedrummer84

Maybe ill Just have to settle for a Boss NS-2 :(...Or an MXR Smart Gate.

Angelo777

QuoteThe stompbox version has six dual op-amps and a VCA chip, along with a lot of passive components. Even if you had a schematic, you'd probably prefer to buy one!

If you know whats inside .. then why don't you give us some pictures so that we can reverse engineer it ? And then make a verified schematic...???? :icon_question: :icon_question: :icon_question:

And also if anyone is owner of the ISP G-String Decimator ...could you that you have it ... upload pictures of the inside please ?

Thanks,
Angelo777

anchovie

I don't have one to take pictures of. There are some out there in the internet, in a forum that's more focussed on reverse engineering than this place.

I shall say no more due to politics.  :-X
Bringing you yesterday's technology tomorrow.

Angelo777

QuoteI don't have one to take pictures of. There are some out there in the internet, in a forum that's more focussed on reverse engineering than this place.

I shall say no more due to politics. 

LOL !!!  :icon_razz:

Ok ... please pm me ;)

Angelo777

anchovie..... have you checked your messages ?

Angelo777 ;)

philbinator1

I bought a ISP Decimator stompbox the other day...better than MXR and WAAAY better than Boss.  Of course the first thing
I did was open it up to look at the guts, and to my delight it was all thru-hole components!  As far as I can tell anyway.  I was
going to reverse engineer it as a project for myself, then share it...but is that some big no-no?  I thought it was ok with the
big guys (Boss, etc)?  Maybe there could be a sticky post made up by Aron or RG that details what is and isn't cool as far as
reverse engineering/copying circuits/posting schematics etc is concerned.  It's contsantly a mystery to me.   ???
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

R.G.

Quote from: philbinator1 on April 06, 2010, 09:57:37 PM
... Maybe there could be a sticky post made up by Aron or RG that details what is and isn't cool as far as
reverse engineering/copying circuits/posting schematics etc is concerned. 
I don't get to make the rules. I'm just a techie.   :icon_biggrin:
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

philbinator1

Yeah, but you would have a better idea of the rules than a green noob like me!    :icon_mrgreen:
"Hows are we's?  We's in the f*cking middle of a dinners meal!  Dats hows we am!" - Skwisgaar Skwigelf

Angelo777

QuoteAs far as I can tell anyway.  I was
going to reverse engineer it as a project for myself, then share it...

philbinator1,

Could you give me the values of all the resistors and capacitors so i can give you a hand of help  :icon_biggrin:  ?

Or maybe a BIG CLOSE-UP photo of the pcb from both sides so that we can see the parts and the resistors colors clearly ...

Cheers!
Angelo777

philbinator1

Quote from: Angelo777 on April 07, 2010, 07:40:02 AM
QuoteAs far as I can tell anyway.  I was
going to reverse engineer it as a project for myself, then share it...

philbinator1,

Could you give me the values of all the resistors and capacitors so i can give you a hand of help  :icon_biggrin:  ?

Or maybe a BIG CLOSE-UP photo of the pcb from both sides so that we can see the parts and the resistors colors clearly ...

Cheers!
Angelo777

Wow Angelo, you're quite keen on these photos, eh!?   :D  Ok well I'll take some photos and post 'em, I don't see the harm in that.  But if
anyone else does, please let me know and if it's valid I won't post them (unless I already have).  Don't know if I can get the
resistors' values without desoldering the whole lot, but anyway I'll start with the photos.  

It would be cool to do a reverse of this, I've seen the odd post of people wanting it...including me, before I bought it.  Tell you what if you
do it as a project, maybe you could include me and give me some parts or the reverse to do, so I can learn some more about it.  

In the meantime...I'll pm ya

zombiwoof

Isn't this a good topic for the "members only" forum?.

Al

slacker

I was going to reverse engineer it as a project for myself, then share it...but is that some big no-no? 

That's absolutely fine :)

walker

If anybody does reverse engineer the Decimator (or g-string version), and can provide a schematic, project notes, or anything else... please PM me! 

philbinator1

Quote from: slacker on April 07, 2010, 01:04:19 PM
I was going to reverse engineer it as a project for myself, then share it...but is that some big no-no? 

That's absolutely fine :)

Cool thanks!   :)

philbinator1

Quote from: walker on April 07, 2010, 04:46:42 PM
If anybody does reverse engineer the Decimator (or g-string version), and can provide a schematic, project notes, or anything else... please PM me! 

In progress, we will post when done   :)

walker

awesome.   I've wanted one for a while, can't find schems anywhere.   Godspeed to you!

differo

funny thing that I always urged for a noise reduct. pedal on my pedal board, have had some ages ago and have built one (mxr) but I never use it. Always used those built in in my multi fx/processors but as I build more and more of my own pedals I realize that I actually don't need it anymore? these pedals that I use nowadays are simply noiseless! and if they are (from stock design) I try to make them noiseless. actually, I prefer it this way. hum reducing is nice, but since I play either humbuckers or noiseless single coils - no noise whatsoever. I built fraverb (tonepad) it had some noise, but then I found out that I was to cheap in building that blender for reverb (settings 6&7) that introduced noise. built it again with better components - noise is just a bare memory..
but still, it's cool and challenging :) if you trace it I'll build it! :)
My youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BeToneful

Rebote2.5,MXR dist+,DrBoogie,BSIAB2,Ross Compressor&Phaser,MXR EnvFilt &Noise Gate,TS808,Condor CabSim,SansampGT2,Fraverb,Small Clone,TremLune,ValveCaster

Sostenuto

Can you please PM me too?  Thanks in advance.